If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

18 June 2009

Sunshine In My Heart

Despite the little setbacks and heartaches here and there, I wake up each day feeling refreshed and happy knowing that there are more people out there who love me than those who show callous indifference.

Each morning, I wake up to the sound of my kids' busy banters as they prepare for another day in school. I don't even have to bother waking them up. They need no prodding to do what they have to do.

I have my parents who, despite their frail health and other serious concerns, never fail to check on me and my kids. I guess in their eyes I never stopped being their little girl.

I should not forget my bro ('tol) and sis (li'l sis) who, despite the distance between us, have remained close to me. Waking up to their messages in my inbox or cellphone saying "Sis, what do the kids need?" or "Sis, musta na?" ("how are you doing?") always warm my heart.

I have a job that people dream of (if only for the glamor of it) - in a workplace where each one is treated like family .

I have friends (the BFFs) who have stayed with me through thick and thin, rain or shine, come hell or high water. Isn't it amazing that, instead of drifting apart, we (including husbands and kids now) were able to create a much stronger bond through all those 20 years of friendship?

And yes, after a big storm in my life, the sun found its way back and is finally here to stay. Little did I know back then that sunshine would warm my soul again.

Counting my blessings helps me get through the day. And each time I start to worry, I close my eyes and claim HIS promise:


"Therefore I tell you,

do not worry about your life,

what you will eat or drink;


or about your body,

what you will wear.


Is not life more important than clothes?


Look at the birds of the air;


they do not sow or reap or store away in barns,


and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.


Are you not much more valuable than they?

Who of you by worrying

can add a single hour to his life?
"


Matthew 6:25-27


The bumps in the road just make the ride more fun. Always remember that what won't kill you will only make you stronger.

A pocketful of sunshine to everyone!




Blessings to all,


Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 POINTS OF VIEW:

Sandee June 19, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

Life is indeed beautiful. I'm glad things are going well for you.

Have a terrific day. :)

Janet Gardner June 19, 2009 at 3:52 AM  

Hi Bing,
You are truly inspiring. I have been finding myself as well, coming more and more into a state of happiness and joy. The darkness of the past couple of years has begun to fade and I also look forward to each and every day being a new opportunity to grow and moving on with my life with all the good I have been given.
Thanks for sharing,
and I am feeling better,
Thanks,
Janet

Bing Yap June 19, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

hi SANDEE, i agree with you that life is beautiful. i may not have everything but i know i am blessed in so many ways. life for me is perfect as it is. :)

blessings to you!

Bing Yap June 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

hi JANET, i am so glad that you are able to find yourself again. counting your blessings is really a big help in making you feel better during gloomy periods.

GOD BLESS!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter