If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

16 November 2008

Praising in Desperation


"When there is nothing left but God, that is when you find out that God is all you need."

That is so true. Have you ever hit rock bottom? Have you ever been in a dark abyss? Then you must know what I mean.

At night, when I was all alone and the kids were sleeping, that was when I would cry out to God and bewail my fate.

It came to a point when I thought I was going crazy because I started hearing a voice that whispered to me: "Life is all worthless now that James is gone. Death is the only answer to stop your pain." Believe me, that voice was so real and it haunted me. For many nights, I contemplated on putting an end to my own existence.

Desperate to take hold of my life, I began reading the Bible again and opened a chapter in Psalms. As the voice continued to haunt me each night, the verses seemed to make more sense. An idea suddenly hit me... I started reading out LOUD all the PRAISES from Psalms... much louder than the voice I was hearing. As I uttered each word, I felt a firm resolve embracing me... a strength I never had before.

And then one night, the voice just stopped. Eventually, it gave up altogether.



Bookmark and Share

Stumble Upon Toolbar

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 POINTS OF VIEW:

Angela January 26, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

Oh, thank you so much for directing me to this post! What a wonderful idea. Thank you so much for your compassion!
Much love,
Angela

Jaccy lamber September 29, 2020 at 8:26 PM  

I wake up everyday with a smile on my face and sing praises to this good spell caster called Dr, Godday who has done me a great favor by rescuing my relationship from break up. I used to think that I have a perfect relationship till when my lover started coming home late and everyday he gives me different excuses then I decided to keep a close eye on him then I discovered that he was having an affair with another girl. I was heartbroken because i trusted him so much and knowing that he has a secret relationship it hurts me a lot. But I thank all those who placed the contact details of Dr, Godday on the Internet and today my relationship has been restored with love and care than ever before. If you are in any kind of relationship or marriage stress I will do you a favor by dropping the contact details of Dr, Godday which is via email: goddayspiritualhome@gmail.com Or Call/Whatsapp +1{919}4956404.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter