If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

17 November 2008

Discourse with God


I was angry. I wanted to inflict the same pain I was feeling to the people I heard were responsible for all of this. True, it was hearsay... but then, I was desperate for the truth... any truth!

I went home with hatred in my heart that afternoon.

How dare they do this to us! Who did they think they were to decide who lives and who doesn't?!? How dare they play god!

Those were my exact words to God. I was inconsolable. I was throwing all the "WHY's" at Him. Why me? Why James? Why us?

And then He answered...

"Truth is nowhere to be found,
and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey.

The Lord looked and was displeased
that there was no justice.
He saw that there was no one,
He was appalled that there was no one to
intervene;
so His own arm worked salvation for Him,
and His own righteousness sustained Him.

He put on righteousness as His breastplate,
and the helmet of salvation on His head;
He put on the garments of VENGEANCE
and wrapped Himself in zeal as in a cloak.

According to what they have done,
So will He repay
Wrath to his enemies
And retribution to His foes;
He will repay the islands their due."
[Isaiah 59:15-18, NIV]

I felt so ashamed of myself. There I was thinking that God wasn't listening at all. But He had the answers all along. And He made me a promise just when I needed one. That's when my journey to forgiveness began...

After all, vengeance is not mine to give.

Bookmark and Share

Stumble Upon Toolbar


Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 POINTS OF VIEW:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter