If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

07 May 2009

Of Living and Loving... and Moving On

"If you're not afraid
Of what love brings
Then endings are beginnings

Of beautiful things...
Its a chance you'll take

A chance you'll win

If someone's gonna find you
First you gotta let them in

Coz love begins with one hello

The hardest part is over

Now its easy letting go "

[One Hello, Randy Crawford]


Sometimes you wonder why all these things are happening to you. In desperation, you ask high heavens why you are being punished. Tragedy after tragedy. Pain after pain. Isn't there a better way of living your life? There are times when you ask yourself why you keep on committing the same mistakes. Haven't you learned your lesson?

But then you sit back and think... Each experience has made you a better person. Each pain has made you more resilient. Have you wondered why?

Yes, this blog was all about pain. It was meant to release all pent up emotions I had for the untimely loss of a husband who meant the world to me. This was supposed to convey the hatred that built up within all corners of my heart. This was supposed to be a memorial for him.

In the end, it became the journal of my life's journey without him... the pain, the struggle, the coping. And then my resurgence.

Just when I thought the sun refused to shine, light suddenly appeared.

I am not a hypocrite. I must admit that amidst the tragedy and pain, I still hoped for a better outcome. Surely I was not molded into the kind of person I am now for nothing. I have learned to count my blessings.

I guess things really happen for a reason. You just have to open up yourself and accept everything that is happening in your life without judgment. I have had missteps and slips, I must admit. But I kept my faith and remained hopeful that things would get better. They always do, right? Of course, we don't stay in a rut for long. Nobody does. You just have to keep on believing. And that's what I did. I'm so glad I did!

Sunshine, sweet sunshine! Thank you for bringing back laughter, light and a big smile into my life.


[Bro thank you for this video suggestion]





Blessings to all,






Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 POINTS OF VIEW:

Anonymous May 8, 2009 at 2:12 AM  

Another example of your fantastic attitude! You bring light and hope to us all with your story.

XO Susan

Angela May 8, 2009 at 3:21 AM  

For so long, I gave up believing that my life would get better. I beat myself up for all of my mistakes, but I'm learning that they have made me so much stronger. I'm so glad that you have sunshine, light, and laughter back in your life:)

KAT May 8, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

We found each other for a reason, I truly believe that! And I believe that reason was to encourage and cheer the other one on.

I am so glad you have come out of the darkness....there is so much sunshine for you to experience!! ENJOY!

Love you girl!
Kat

Bing Yap May 8, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

hi SUSAN, it's been awhile since i last heard from you. nice to see you again here. thank you for coming back.

blessings to you!

Bing Yap May 8, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

ANGEL, what won't kill us will make us stronger.everything that you went through has a reason and a divine purpose. i hope that light comes to you soon. eventually you will understand.

blessings!

Bing Yap May 8, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

KAT, your friendship means a lot to me. thank you for always being there for me. thank you for cheering me on and for encouraging me in everything that i do. i am so blessed to have found a friend like you.

luv ya girl! :) blessings to you!

Janet Gardner May 9, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

Hi Bing,
It is a great thing that we found eachother at this time, we both are on similar paths. We both are coming from the dark into the light and your posts inspire me along the way, I like that like me somtimes you slip up, but like you said we have to keep getting up and move towards the light.
Thanks
Janet :)

Bing Yap May 10, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

hi JANET, the slips and missteps guide us to our paths. like Kat, you cheered me on and encouraged me to keep going. your own story has inspired and strengthened me.

much love and blessings to you!!!

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic May 12, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Love, Hope, Faith All gifts for our human spirit! Thanks for sharing this post!

And, Happy Mother's Day (a little late)

Bing Yap May 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

thanks for dropping by KARA. belated happy moms day to you too. LOVE, HOPE AND FAITH... yes, thank you for reminding me. i truly feel so blessed.

much love and blessings to you!

bingkee May 15, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

These "things happen for a reason" for an outcome that is good and beneficial, does not apply to everyone. "All things work for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose " (Romans 8:28)

Bing Yap May 16, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

thank you for that inspiring thought, bingkee. i agree with you that it is faith that leads us out of the dark.

blessings to you! :)

Anonymous September 9, 2010 at 11:50 PM  

This is my favorite post of all.. I am so proud of you for getting up, dusting yourself off and looking for hope and a new beginning!! Great blog and I am sure you are the positive energy for your kids!! So inspirational, even in the toughest face of tragedy..
Have a great life!
Rachana

Bing Yap October 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

rachana, your words touched my heart. i can't thank you enough for your beautiful comment. i really appreciate this. :)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter