If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

15 May 2011

Mother's Lullabye

Image credit: Link

sleep my baby sleep
mommy's here for you to keep
together we shall be counting sheep

hush my baby hush
can you hear the mocking thrush
singing like a nightingale at first blush

rest my baby rest
i shall hold  you close to my chest
on my shoulder your head may crest


© Bing (PinkLady) 2011


Stumble Upon Toolbar

21 POINTS OF VIEW:

Anonymous May 16, 2011 at 6:55 PM  

That's delightful! I love the counting sheep bit, we all know the phrase yet it works so well here.

http://jessicasjapes.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/dark-eyes/

Anonymous May 16, 2011 at 8:57 PM  

Lovingly put. Well-penned. My potluck: http://verseinanutshell.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/protect/

Judy Roney May 16, 2011 at 10:35 PM  

Such a loving lullaby!

Nicole May 17, 2011 at 1:29 AM  

Beautiful and tender piece.

Henry Clemmons May 18, 2011 at 9:52 AM  

I am ready for bed now, save some homework. Very nice. I think I may save this, just in case. Great job

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry May 22, 2011 at 9:44 AM  

softly sweet.
your words are musical.

Jingle May 22, 2011 at 9:44 AM  

Happy Weekend..

Anonymous May 23, 2011 at 10:19 PM  

keep wriitng...

Greetings:

How have you been?

I have been sick last week, sorry for missing some of your potluck entries.
Hope to see you join our poetry potluck week 36 today!

Week 36 Theme is sketches, images, and impressions,
But you are NOT required to submit theme fitting pieces, old poems or poems unrelated to our theme are all welcome…

Looking forward to reading you again.

xoxox

inquisitive-life May 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM  

oh... It's a beautiful poem.

Mom's are so important for kids and I truly respect the way my mom has nurtured me.

Keep Writing. I love the way you express the real meanings of heartfelt emotions.

Kavita May 26, 2011 at 5:26 AM  

Sweet, tender and so moving, Bing...

I can almost hear my mom sing it to me... Really beautiful and caressing, my dear..

Bing Yap May 26, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

hi jessica, thanks for dropping by. i was feeling kinda motherly when i wrote this. i'm glad that you like it. :)

Bing Yap May 26, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

verseinanutshell, thanks for dropping by and for appreciating. :)

Bing Yap May 26, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

thanks judy ;)

Bing Yap May 26, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

thanks nicole ;)

Bing Yap May 26, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

henry, i'm glad you like it. thanks. ;)

Bing Yap May 26, 2011 at 8:08 PM  

morning, i was thinking of my kids when i wrote this. they are all teens now but i remember singing lullabies to them almost every night when they were little kids. thanks for appreciating.:)

Bing Yap May 26, 2011 at 8:15 PM  

jingle, much as i want to join every week, it just gets crazy here sometimes. most of the time, it's just plain writer's block. thanks for never getting tired of encouraging me. :)

Bing Yap May 26, 2011 at 8:17 PM  

inquisitive life, i thought of the lullabies i sang to my kids while writing this piece. thanks for appreciating. :)

Bing Yap May 26, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

kavita, thanks for the kind words. much appreciated! :)

Bing Yap May 26, 2011 at 8:20 PM  

jingle poetry, it's always a pleasure to join the potluck. i hope to go back to weekly participation again. thanks. :)

Anonymous June 1, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

I love your sweet lullaby, Bing. Reminds me of those long ago days with my two babies.

And then as I'm getting ready to add my comment, I saw your tag--"don't mess with my kids"! It gave me a giggle...

P.S. Every time I see your quote by Swami Vivekananda, I remember how many times I clung to it for support and hope. It's one of my favorites.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter