If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

11 September 2009

In Memory of James and The Thousands of People Who Lost their Lives 8 Years Ago

James would have turned 44 today. My kids lit a candle and offered their prayers for him early this morning. It's good to know that after 4 years, they still remember his birthday. It's also good to know that I sense no pain in them anymore. Maybe they still miss him but this tragedy has not derailed their lives. As I said before, there are no longer "what if's" and "what-would-have-been". My children are moving towards the future and have not looked back for a long time. We talk of "tomorrow" now and it warms my heart to know that they are looking forward to all the challenges and changes ahead of us.

Also on this day 8 years ago, thousands of people lost their lives in several acts of senseless violence in the US. These people left behind thousands of grieving families and friends who, to this day, couldn't make sense of what really happened that day.

Let us all join in prayer as we remember James on his birthday and all the victims of terrorism around the world, particularly those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. May they all rest in peace!



It's been a year daddy, I really really miss you.
Mommy says you're safe now,
in a beautiful place called heaven.

We had your favorite dinner tonight
I ate it all up...
... Even though I don't like carrots

I learned how to swim this summer
I can even open my eyes
when I'm under water

Can't you see me?

I started Kindergarten this year
I carry around a picture of us in my Blue's Clues Lunch Box

You are the greatest Daddy
I can swing on the swing by myself ...
Even though I miss you pushing me

Can't you see me?

I miss how you used to tickle me
Tickle my belly
My belly hurts

I try not to cry
Mommy says it's okay
I know you don't like it when I cry

Never wanted me to be sad
I try daddy but it hurts

Is it true you're not coming home
Maybe some day
I can visit you in Heaven okay?

It's time for me to go to bed now
I sleep with the light on.
Just in case you come home,
and kiss me good-night.

I love you so much.
I miss you Daddy



Blessings to all,

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 POINTS OF VIEW:

Jackie September 11, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

Bing Oh my I had no idea he was killed on 911. My prayers are with you of course!! They always are!!

What a wonderful example you are to all of us!!

Love and hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous September 11, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

Bing...I have a lump in my throat from this. I wish James Hau`oli La Hanau. I'm so glad that you all still remember him and are moving on the best way you know how. I'm sure your kids have so relied on you. You are one strong woman and a tremendous part of their lives as well as the many that have come to know you. Thank you for the thoughts on 9/11 also. My thoughts are with you and your kids today more than normal :) Aloha

Bing Yap September 11, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

hi Jackie, today is James' birthday actually. 4 years ago, he planned on giving himself a grand thanksgiving party on his 40th birthday. that didn't happen. he went missing 9 months prior to his 40th birthday.

blessings to you, friend!

Bing Yap September 11, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

THOM thank you so much for the kind words. i feel so blessed for having them. actually, i give back the credit to them because they are the ones who stood patiently by my side while i grieved. when they felt i was ready, they led me by the hand and showed me the way out of that dark tunnel.

4 years later, there is not a single trace of bitterness, anger or hatred in them. they continue to teach me how to live life the way it should be lived. isn't that amazing?

blessings to you, my friend!

KAT September 16, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Oh my gosh!! The words to this just ripped my heart out!! They are gut wrenching, for sure!!

I am glad you are living, and not still in that dark place, and I also give credit to your wonderful children...
For helping you and themselves, and for looking to the future, instead of staying in the past.

Love you,
Miss you,
Kat

Janet Gardner September 18, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

Simply a beautiful Tribute to James and the 9/11 victims and their families. I have goosebumps.
Love ya,
Janet :)

Jackie September 25, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Now I finally have an award that comes close to be worthy for you!! I still get tears reading this.

But, you are a great inspiration to me and so many. I simply couldn't leave you out!!

http://shinade.blogspot.com/2009/09/golden.html

Hugs and love always!!
Jackie

Metz September 28, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

Hi

Dropping by to ask for your prayers and support for the victims of Typhoon Ondoy. Many have already passed away, thousands are still missing and even more are left without food, shelter and clothing. Children have been separated from their parents. We really need your help - even in prayers alone as this was one of the worst flooding that has struck Metro Manila, Philippines. It is only now that we have started to rebuild, but the damages to life and property is horrendous.

Sincerely

Metz
Empty Streets 1027

Tripti September 29, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

Hey bing, hope you all are doing fine, long time did'nt hear from you.

Take care

Mariuca October 1, 2009 at 5:30 AM  

Hi sweetie! I'm so glad to see u moving along fine without James, although I can still feel your love and sadness for him. Take care and big hugs okay? :):):)

LADYHIGHTOWER October 16, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

The Light is all around you. Blessings!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter