If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

09 July 2009

I Stood My Ground


4 years ago, James disappeared without a trace. There were 3 of them actually. 2 weeks later, one of them, a very close friend of ours, was tagged as a "druglord" by no less than this city's highest official himself. Wow! Tough luck! That was our friend. And he was with my husband and another friend (a doctor) that fateful evening.

So this declaration justified the unexplained disappearance then??? mltan100.blogspot.com

One of them was a "druglord" so that makes it okay if they all disappeared from the face of the earth???

If you find a sympathetic police friend in your office room one morning begging you to keep mum so the rest of the family (comprising of 3 little kids) would be spared, do you think you would still find the guts to cry out loud in pain? If you hear of malicious talks from people in power accusing your own husband of having benefited from his affiliation with an alleged "druglord," do you think you stood a chance at defending your name in public? Again, even if it were true, did that justify James' disappearance?

If you received advice to leave the city until things have cooled down, would you heed it despite knowing that you didn't do anybody wrong and you are in fact the aggrieved person here?

I stood my ground. I didn't leave my beloved city. Not that I didn't have anywhere else to go. I talked to my kids, laid down the facts and we faced the odds together.

I am not ignorant. When a person is accused of a wrongdoing, you bring him to court. You don't summarily execute him. You let justice run its course. This is Davao. You can't buy justice here. If you have enough evidence to pin a person to a crime, lock him up if you want, but give him fully his rights to due process of law.

So where is justice in this case?

And what happens now to the family of the people left behind by the victims of summary execution? I have 3 kids, all in their teens. 4 years ago, the eldest was in 4th grade. How can I impart the value of trust to them when they lost their own father because of a friend whom we have considered part of this family and whose children they embraced as their own siblings?

I am telling you this... KILL SOMEONE and you kill his entire family. James' mother died 2 years after his disappearance. I would have killed myself a long time ago if not for my kids. The pain inflicted on us was too deep to find the words to describe it. Nobody was there to comfort my kids whenever they felt the need to run to their hiding places just to cry... Oh, they had that in school and at home.

Where was I? I was out there nursing my own wounds and trying to eke out a living at the same time (amidst my own grief) to raise and feed my orphaned kids.

So please, I am appealing to you... YOU WHO HAVE LONG WANTED TO TALK TO ME... Tell me PLEASE if James' remains were among those found in Ma-a. Allow me to give him a decent burial so my kids and I can fully move on and finally bury the past. Give us closure please. That's what I beg of you.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 POINTS OF VIEW:

Mike Golch July 9, 2009 at 4:06 AM  

Unfortunaly those that hand a hand in the disapperance will not admitt to it.

KAT July 9, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

I hope this is the end of your suffering and you can have answers and closure. You deserve it girl!

Love and hugs,
Kat

Speedcat Hollydale July 10, 2009 at 12:11 AM  

I hardly know what to say ... my heart sank when I read this. I hope you find the closure you seek.

Sending lots of hugs from the "New Hollydale",
SpeedyCat

Bing Yap July 10, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

MIKE, they don't even care. Right now, closure is what matters most to me and my kids. I have no more intention of running after the people who did this to us. I have long forgiven them.

Bing Yap July 10, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

KAT, nothing makes sense right now. You know how far I already am in my journey. Now this news. I don't know where to start, whom to call, where to go, whom to seek in order to coordinate with the people who found the bones. I am paralyzed again. =(

Bing Yap July 10, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

hi SPEEDY, the hugs are more than enough. thank you for the kind words.

Tripti July 11, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Sad to know about all, was always wondering, what happened to james,today i knew.

Can just say take care and stand strong.

Regards

Bing Yap July 11, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

belated happy birthday TRIPTI. thanks for dropping by again and for your kind words. =)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter