If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

25 January 2009

Chinese New Year's Eve and James' 4th Year of Disappearance


This year, the Chinese Lunar New Year falls on January 26th.

Today, the 25th, is James' 4th year of disappearance. It is also Chinese New Year's Eve. My kids and I will be joining his brothers and their families (the in-laws) to welcome the Year of the Ox the traditional way. That would be dinner and some rituals to:

1. honor and remember the departed family members and ancestors
2. usher in good luck and prosperity into the family

Today, my son also asked me who is responsible for his dad's disappearance. I know the answer but I refrained from giving him a definite one. He asked if his dad is really dead, I said Yes. :( Is there any other way of telling a 14-year-old boy? He has asked me this perhaps a hundred times already.

When he gave me a disappointed look, I told him to accept the truth- his dad is not coming back. I assured him that I feel much better now after learning to forgive the people who have caused us pain... that he would feel the same way if he starts forgiving as well. He nodded. He shrugged his shoulders. And went on to play an internet game on his laptop.



May all of you be blessed with great fortune, good health,
love and laughter in the Year of the Earth Ox.
Happy New Year to everyone!


Blessings to all,


Stumble Upon Toolbar

20 POINTS OF VIEW:

KAT January 25, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

Happy New Year Bing!!

I'm thinking of you and sending you love and hugzzzz~

Kat

Bing Yap January 25, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

Kat thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. I needed that hug.

Much love!

KAT January 25, 2009 at 11:37 PM  

Anytime sweetie~!!!

I'm here for you!!

Just cheking in....

Kat :)

Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 5:21 AM  

Happy new year, and I am sorry for your loss even if it is 4 years ago.

Happy blogging

Janet Gardner January 26, 2009 at 5:34 AM  

Hi Bing,
Happy New Year and I want you to know that James,you and your family are in my thoughts today.
I will say a prayer in his memory.
Take Care,
Janet :)

Bing Yap January 26, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

Ray, things happen for a reason. I understand that now and I no longer harbor any bitterness or grudge. Thank you for dropping by again.

Bing Yap January 26, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

Janet, thank you for including James in your prayers. I take comfort in knowing that he is happier where he is now... A much better place where he could watch over his kids while they are growing up.As my kids always say, they now have an Angel.:)

Much Love!

Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Kung hei fat choy! Enjoy it!

Bing Yap January 26, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

Happy New Year Bingkee! We did have fun with the family last night and at breakfast this morning. Sumptuous feast- the kind that gives you "impatso"! LOL!

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic January 26, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

Bing, I want to send you loving thoughts and warm hugs. It is so difficult to deal with a loss and a new beginning all on the same day but as you know all things happen for a reason.

New beginnings to you my friend :)

Bing Yap January 26, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

Thank you Kara for your sweetness...

I am spending the day with my kids and it is really a day of contentment for me.We are facing new beginnings together... I have no reason to complain about my lot.

Yes, the tragedy happened for a reason-- it made us find strength as a family; it made me a real mother to my children. There is no doubt now that they needed me more...

Blessings!

Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

Happy New Year!

It needs strength of mind to forgive people who caused sorrow & suffering.

May you continue to live life fully for yourself and for your loved ones.

Take Care.

Bing Yap January 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Thank you for the nice comment, Pushhyarag... It was not easy to get here but I sure did take the right path. I would rather be happy than be miserable forever. After all, there is no longer anything I can do to change what happened.

God bless!

Anonymous January 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

god bless you!!

I have just come across your blog today and I'm moved. I will definitely come again.

Hope the year of the Ox will bring you good fortune.

Bing Yap January 27, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Thank you Suzanne... Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous January 27, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Happy New Year Bing!!
for succes in this years.....gong xi fat cai...for u sister

Anonymous January 27, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

gong xi fat cai to u sister

Bing Yap January 28, 2009 at 12:44 AM  

Gong Xi Fat Cai, Harry! I wish you more blessings in the Year of the Earth Ox! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog again.

SUSAN SONNEN January 28, 2009 at 1:29 AM  

And may this year shower you and your children with an abundance of blessings, Bing. :)

Bing Yap January 28, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Amen, Susan. I also pray that you and your family would be blessed with abundance in love, wealth and good health this year.

Blessings to you!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter