If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

08 October 2010

Two Years Ago...

pain beyond compare
heart enmeshed in sorrow
gasping for air
hurdling a big blow

that was how it all started
just one small step
to let go of a departed
like a kid out of prep

thoughts formed into words
images from darkness
emotions stirred like restless birds
pressed to find a nest

as rants were spewed in ink
  heavy chest slowly cleared
burdened mind back in sync
aching soul lost its sneer

vibrant colors soon appeared
as darkness ebbed away
the wind at last veered
giving way to hope's brilliant ray

© Bing (PinkLady) 2010

When I started this blog, I had no expectations at all. What I needed was an outlet... a place  of my own where I could freely vent my emotions. Back then, this blog was dark- black, gray and white.  Now it's splashed with colors. Exactly two years in existence and the sun continues to shine. To all my blog friends who supported and encouraged me in more ways than one, thank you so much!

Today also marks another anniversary... the day when sunshine walked into my life. A gift of second chance. I am forever grateful! :)


"How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb
Without a soul, my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home..."

~Bring Me To Life ~








Stumble Upon Toolbar

59 POINTS OF VIEW:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall October 8, 2010 at 12:44 AM  

have a fun anniversary...

super sweet nature in your spirits,
despite pains and loses, you still win and beam with love and confidence.

Jingle October 8, 2010 at 12:45 AM  

vibrant colors soon appeared
as darkness ebbed away
the wind at last veered
giving way to hope's brilliant ray

cool, hope is what we can hold on,
beautiful emotions..
best regards on blogging and life.

Sherry Blue Sky October 8, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

The quote on your blog says it all: If God brought you to it, He will see you through it.

Bing, you have been through such incredible pain and yet your shine has not dimmed, it shines bright! I am happy you saw your way through and also that that second chance found you. You so deserve every good thing! Be happy.

Anonymous October 8, 2010 at 1:17 AM  

Hau`oli Piha Makahiki to your blog my friend. It's one of the bright spots of my day and I'm forever grateful that we have become friends. We can say what we need to and converse and listen. :) It's refreshing to have such a blog to be able to say what you want. Whether we agree or disagree it's all about conversation and friendship and that's what it is all about. I'm sort of confused about your second one. hmmm thinking...thinking....my best guess is the day you and your current honey met :) Beautiful post :)

Christine October 8, 2010 at 1:36 AM  

Beautiful and joyous sentiments; what a strong and wonderful woman you are! To face all challenges with panache and grace. I am happy that color has returned to your life. And think how, all the beauty and color you bring to the lives of others! :-)

ChildofaGodUnseen October 8, 2010 at 2:08 AM  

Glad to know things can go from "dark" to "bright" even when at the moment all we can think about is how to deal with what's going on, not how to not only deal with it but enjoy life. (:

My Poet Rally Poems:
http://robinelizabeth58.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/the-rivers-cry/
http://robinelizabeth58.wordpress.com/2010/09/26/burning-eyes/

Gabriela Abalo October 8, 2010 at 2:57 AM  

beautiful encouraging poem.

My Poet Rally poem: http://gabrielaabalo.blogspot.com/2010/10/essence.html

Carina Fosse October 8, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

I haven't seen so many colors since the gay pride parade.

Arts Web Show October 8, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

i haven't followed you for long but i really enjoy my visits over here.
Two years is a good length of time.
Keep going and we'll keep enjoying

Anonymous October 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

So much pain and so much hope. You are a courageous woman, Bing. Love to you...and hugs.
Victoria
My rally:
http://liv2write2day.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/thursday-poets-rally-wounds/

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

jingle, i'd like to thank you for initiating me into poetry... i mean, seriously. i never imagined i would be venturing into something as serious as poetry writing when i started blogging. now i am really enjoying it and loving every moment i create each piece. it is so liberating!

thank you so much for your friendship. :)

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

sherry, sometimes it's still a struggle to stay in the light but i think i'm doing ok. poetry is something new to me but i love it. it's helping me in this new leg of the journey. your kind and encouraging words always make me smile. thank you so much!

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

thom when i first met you through our blogs, i never had an inkling that we would become really good friends here. but since then, you have patiently followed each step of my progress even on those times when i couldn't return the favor. i felt the sincerity of your concern and the warmth of the friendship that you offered. when i learned that you went through the same kind of pain yourself, that's when i realized we are kindred spirits after all.

your friendship means a lot to me, thom. thank you for continuing to support my blog. and yes, your guess is right on target. :)

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

christine, it feels so good to see the beautiful colors of life again. i'm happy that you appreciate my work. thanks so much for your visit. :)

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

childofaGodunseen, i reckoned a long time ago that i could choose to be happy or die miserably out of a broken heart. i chose the former. i guess if there's one thing that tragedy teaches you, it is gratitude.

thanks for appreciating. :)

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

gabriela, thank you for your visit and appreciation. :)

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 11:25 AM  

that's because i am truly gay at heart, carina. thanks for the visit. :)

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

arts web show, your blog is one of those that i love visiting. the last work you did was really awesome. your appreciation of my work touched my heart. thank you so much. :)

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

victoria, it is hope that helps us overcome pain. it is faith that keeps us going. thank you for your nice comment. :)

Harshika October 8, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

good post :)

i got involved :)

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

that's nice of you to say, harshika... thank yoy :)

yulistya dey October 8, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

Agree with Sherry, the quote above is so true.
I really like how you slowly building the poem stanzas from sadness to happiness.
I hope you keep writing poetry and live the happy life as well, Bing. :)

Someone is Special October 8, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

Uplifting poem.. Well said.. Thanks for your wonderful comment on my blog..

--Someone Is Special--

Anonymous October 8, 2010 at 10:57 PM  

Bing, Such an amazing piece. you craft words like an artist.

JP

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 11:55 PM  

dhitzunako, thank you for your nice words. i'm glad that you like my post. :)

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 11:56 PM  

my pleasure to visit your blog, someone is special. thanks for stopping by here. :)

Bing Yap October 8, 2010 at 11:56 PM  

JP/tasithoughts, thanks for the nice compliment. i really appreciate it. :)

Anonymous October 8, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

DEar Bing, I am happy that the color returned to your life, because you deserve it and we are blessed b your beautiful words... I wish you joy on this day and love this beautiful, colorful image. The poem speaks so loudly of hope and how it has brought you to this point in your life. And the song...just beautiful. Thank you for sharing such great inspiration for all of us who are blessed to have come upon your blog. Love to you and continued joy in life! :) Heartspell

Anonymous October 9, 2010 at 12:15 AM  

Happy Anniversary!!! And here's wishing you many more!!
I can relate to your poem and love the appearance of your blog :)
happy weekend!!

Uma Anandane October 9, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

Glad that I visited your Blog.Hope was crafted well in your poem :)

Emmanuel Ibok October 9, 2010 at 7:22 AM  

Wonderful...I like how you compared stanza two to a kid out of prep...brought back some childhood memory.

I am still yet to mark my first year of blogging so I really do commend you for your second year at it.

Enjoy the twin anniversary and the blessings that comes with it.
Your presence in the virtual world is a blessing on its own.

Cheers!

Thoughts Not Lost October 9, 2010 at 8:00 AM  

"giving way to hope's brilliant ray"

Hope's brilliant ray, love this sentiment.

Great job!

dasuntoucha October 9, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

...giving way to hope's brilliant ray...

...luv this line...I'm a sucker for happy endings (^_^)...nicely done.

Olivia October 9, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

That's such a beautiful weaving of words My Dear Bing.. wonderfully woven.. Loads of mwaaaaah My Dear Friend.. xox

Bing Yap October 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

heartspell, thank you for that very touching comment. it's always a pleasure to see you here and your poetry blog is one of my favorites. thanks for appreciating my post. :)

Bing Yap October 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

asmiworld, thanks for the warm greeting. i'm glad you like the post. :)

Bing Yap October 9, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

umapoems, thanks for the visit and the nice comment. much appreciated. :)

Bing Yap October 9, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

emmanuel, this blog has helped me cope with my grief and eventually reach complete healing. supportive blog friends like you make blogging a pleasant experience. thank you for the visit. :)

Bing Yap October 9, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

thoughts not lost, that's my favorite line as well. thanks for appreciating. :)

Bing Yap October 9, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

dasuntoucha, we make our own happy endings. thanks for appreciating. :)

Bing Yap October 9, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

olivia, i had fun writing it. i'm glad you enjoyed it as well. thanks for the loads of mwaaaahhh! kisses back to you! xoxo

Amanda October 9, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

I am with you in thoughts, prayers and understand so very well my dearest friend. I send you many blessings and so much love always.
http://buttercup600.wordpress.com/2010/09/30/esquire-2/

Olivia October 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

Loads of Love My Dear Friend
An Award for you..
http://oliviasbiopiclog.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/love-you-loads/

Lovies xox
KISSES xxxxxx

Anonymous October 9, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

"emotions stirred like restless birds
pressed to find a nest"

My favorite line --
your perfect rhyme.
Packed with meaning,
and love sublime.

Congrats on both fronts!
Be good, take care, and stay cool, Bing!
Peace, Uncle Tree

Bing Yap October 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM  

mandy, all the love and understanding you sent my way are much appreciated. thank you, my friend!

Bing Yap October 9, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

olivia, that is so sweet of you. thanks for the loads of love you sent my way. i really appreciate the award. thanks so much!

Bing Yap October 9, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

uncle tree, thank you for stopping by. i got restless in that dark, damp place called loneliness so i set out to find a flicker of light. but then i found out that light never left me. i just had to open my eyes to see.

i'm glad to know you appreciate my post. thanks again. :)

R.S Mallari October 10, 2010 at 2:58 AM  

I thought I'll never see the last of the comments.

How I love your thoughts put into words and words into lines creating emotional verses.

Keep it up "Kabayan".

Kristen Haskell October 10, 2010 at 3:47 AM  

The power of the blogging community is vast and the support is tremendous. I too have felt it myself. Your blog is lovely as are your precious words.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall October 10, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/mountains-are-high/

take the awards after you are done, return favors...

for Poets Rally, 3 poems can be submitted....

also, vote your favorite poets after you finish your initial 18 commenting....

Thanks a lot!
have fun!

Bing Yap October 10, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

rsmallari, your comment made me smile. it's not often that i see a kabayan on my page. i'm glad that you like the post. i am honored by your visit. thank you. :)

Bing Yap October 10, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

kristen, thanks for the nice comment. enjoy the rally. :)

Bing Yap October 10, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

jingle, thank you for the new set of awards. my list of nominees are in one of my comments in your blog (under the thursday poets rally post). i hope you didn't miss that one.:)

Lu Ann October 11, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

Wow... Im so glad I found your blog.

I may not really know you, but what I can see from you in here really makes me smile.
Its nice to have people like you in this world.

Jingle October 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/awards-from-the-blogging-universe/the-sunshine-award-plus-more/

awards for you.
keep them or share, up to you.

Bing Yap October 14, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

lu ann, i also like your blog for the sunshine it spreads. thanks for stopping by. i really appreciate it.:)

Bing Yap October 14, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

jingle, wow more awards! thank you so much for your generosity. ;)

JamieDedes October 14, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

I'm so glad, Bing, that there is color and light and love in your life now. May it always be so.

Blessings and thank you for a beautiful and memorable poem.

Bing Yap October 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM  

jamie, such is life i guess. there are ironies and blessings rolled together. endings always bring new beginnings. this time though, i intend to keep the light glowing. thanks for appreciating my post. :)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter