If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

26 March 2009

A Prayer Out Of Darkness

"The end of all good music is to affect the soul."
-Claudio Monteverdi-


In an earlier post, I wrote that there were three songs that guided me as I picked up the broken pieces of my life. The first song was The Warrior is a Child.

I cannot find the right words to describe to you how all three songs led me out of the dark. But on those times when I was desolate, I never really felt alone just by listening to them. Those were the times when I just listened... and listened well.

While the first song helped me find my courage, this song embodied my desperate call for help. It served as my prayer when I had no strength left to utter a word.

Until now, I cannot help being teary-eyed every time I listen to this song. Those days were my darkest. Yet the sun found its way to shine in my life again. Indeed, music is the language of the soul.

I am where I am now because of HIM... and all for HIS glory.



Lead me Lord
lead me by the hand
and help me face the rising sun
comfort me through all the pain
that life may bring

There's no other hope
that I can lean upon
Lead me Lord,
lead me all my life...

Walk by me Walk by me
across the lonely roads that i may face
take my arms and let Your hand
show me the way

Show the way to live inside Your heart
All my days,
all my life...

You are my light
You're the lamp upon my feet

All the Time, my Lord I need You there

You are my light

I cannot live alone

let me stay by Your guiding love

All through my life
Lead me Lord...

Lead me Lord,
even though at times
I'd rather go alone my way
help me take the right direction

Take Your road
Lead me Lord
and never leave my side
all my days, all my life...

You are my light
You're the lamp upon my feet

All the Time, my Lord I need You there

You are my light

I cannot live alone

let me stay by Your guiding love

All through my life...


Lead me Lord...





Blessings to all,


Stumble Upon Toolbar

24 POINTS OF VIEW:

Sandee March 26, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

Beautiful honey. Have a blessed day. :)

Anonymous March 27, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

Such a beautiful song. God is your shelter, your refuge and will never leave you.
Hey Bing, I have another award for you at my blog. Come and check it out.

Wenny March 27, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

The song is so beautifully worded. It's just so spontaneous outpouring seeking our Lord's guiding light and strength. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

Anonymous March 27, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

so beautiful!

Bing Yap March 27, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

SANDEE, thank you for dropping by again. i really appreciate it.

Bing Yap March 27, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

BINGKEE, i can attest that HE never left me. in fact, on those days, HE was the only one i trusted to be with me. HE led me out of the dark.

thank you for being so thoughtful. i appreciate the new award. :)

Bing Yap March 27, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

WENNY, there were moments when my heart was so heavy. i was overwhelmed by the sudden tragic loss such that i ran out of words to say in prayer. this song was the answer. the lyrics soothed my broken soul. God bless!

Bing Yap March 27, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment, SUSAN.

Mariuca March 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

Hi dear, I have a special award for u, congrats!

http://www.mariucasperfume.com/2009/03/certified-queen-of-blogs.html

Bing Yap March 27, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Hi MARZIE, thanks for your thoughtfulness. You are so sweet.

Suedonim16 March 28, 2009 at 3:00 AM  

Ms. Bing dear,

This is one of my fave songs too (I prefer the the Gary V. version more than Basil Valdez')! I think this song is divinely inspired. thanks for posting. =)

Godbless!

P.S. i sent an email to your yahoo acct.

ray gratzner March 28, 2009 at 5:43 AM  

Dear pink lady, to change a stumble stone into a steppingstone with the help of music - that is great...Thank you for sharing...Happy Blogging

Bing Yap March 28, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

SUE, i miss you! its so nice to hear from you again. i did not receive your email. i checked again but i have not received it. please send it again to pinklady_bing@yahoo.com. i'm look forward to reading it.

Bing Yap March 28, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

Hi RAY, the bottomline is FAITH and HOPE. We just have to BELIEVE and every stumbling block will become a stepping stone towards our goal. In the end, we only have ourselves to rely on. Without faith, everything will fall apart. Music is the best tool that God gave us.

Just keep on believing!

Gina Alfani March 29, 2009 at 1:22 AM  

Beautiful post . . . I can so relate to that darkness . . . Bless you Bing :)

PrettyFireFly March 29, 2009 at 1:53 AM  

Hey there!
Congratulations!
I've added your blog on my
certified "Certified QUEEN of Blogs" blogroll.
Hope you would add me on your blogroll as well.
Have a good one!

xoxo,

PrettyFireFly

http://prettyfirefly.com
home base of "Certified QUEEN of Blogs" award

Bing Yap March 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

Hi GINA, thank you for dropping by. you surely know what i'm talking about here. same journey as yours.

Bing Yap March 30, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

hello PRETTYFIREFLY, i love the blog award you created. yes, i have already added you in my blogroll.

thanks for dropping by.

Suedonim16 March 31, 2009 at 1:30 AM  

Ms. Bing, I just resent the email to you. It might be in your spam folder. thanks for the time. Godbless! =)

Bing Yap March 31, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

SUE, i got your email. thank you!

Jackie March 31, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

Just beautiful Bing!! Truly uplifting and just before I go to bed also!!

Love and hugs,
Jackie:-)

Bing Yap April 1, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

That is the best time to listen to this song, JACKIE. :)

Janet Gardner April 3, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

Hi Bing,
This song is soooo Beautiful. I am going to download it for me to listen to and help me with my grieving process. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
You have such a beautiful soul.
Take Care,
Janet :)

Bing Yap April 4, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

hi JANET, please do so. believe me, this song is so soothing to a wounded/broken soul. it speaks of our pain and our desire to rise above our circumstances. it speaks of hope and light. it speaks of complete surrender to HIS will when everything doesn't make sense. i'm so glad you like it.:)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter