If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

03 February 2009

A Place of Solace... My Home

There were three songs that guided me as I picked up the broken pieces of my life. I played them every opportunity I got everyday... as soon as I got up in the morning, on my way to the office, while working, while crying in between tasks, and in my quiet moments. Most of the time at home, my kids would cry with me as we sang these songs together. Those were great moments (at a time of great darkness) when we bonded and helped each other cope.

I still listen to them... this time though, to remind myself how I reached the path I'm treading on now (lest I forget). They are a constant reminder of the strength I found from within and how I found it. These are songs that eventually led me to accept that everything is and will be beautiful in God's time.

I am sharing with you one of these songs-- the one that has the greatest impact on me and my children. Although this was originally written by Twila Paris, the version that became very popular here was that of Gary Valenciano's.


THE WARRIOR IS A CHILD
Music and Lyrics by Twila Paris



Lately I've been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing, I'm strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me, I'm hiding all the tears

They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Cause deep inside this armor the warrior is a child

Unafraid because His armor is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I'm amazing, I never face retreat
But they don't see the enemies that lay me at His feet

They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Cause deep inside this armor the warrior is a child

They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and look up for a smile
Cause deep inside this armor, deep inside this armor
Deep inside this armor the warrior is a child

The warrior is a child...



Now you know where I got my strength... the ultimate source of my will to carry on. Perhaps one day, when you feel like giving up, listening to this song will ease your pain and remind you that despite life's crazy downturn, there will always be a safe place to hide... a place of solace and comfort... a place you call Home.


Blessings to all,






Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XHmua3TTRQ&feature=related

Stumble Upon Toolbar

18 POINTS OF VIEW:

Tripti February 3, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

Hi bing,

Very true what all you write even the lyrics of the song.
They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Cause deep inside this armor the warrior is a child.

Get going!!

Janet Gardner February 4, 2009 at 12:22 AM  

Hi Bing,
That song is truly beautiful. I am going to dowload it for myself. I will listen to it on the days when my grief comes upon me. Thank you for sharing this with everyone. Your children are truly blessed to have a mother like you.
Take Care,
Janet :)

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 12:59 AM  

Yes Tripti, this song has taught me how to pick up the broken pieces. I have the right connections here- people in very high places- and they all did try to help. But nobody could give me the right answers. In the end, it didn't matter anymore. I found solace and I found it in my heart. All I needed to do was to ask for it.

Pity, we all just tend to forget sometimes...

Blessings! (",)

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 1:08 AM  

Janet, there are other versions of this song in youtube. But this is the video I liked best.

I am so glad that you appreciate this song too. It worked wonders for me and my kids. There are two other songs which I would share with all of you in my coming posts. But this song is really the greatest.

Blessings to you! (",)

Angela February 4, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

Thank you for this. What an inspirational song!
Love and hugs<3

KAT February 4, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

The song was beautiful, simply beautiful!! I was so moved.

You are a true inspiration to so many, and we are blessed that you blog and let us in ~

I have given you an award over at my site, you deserve it!!

Hugzzzzzzzz

Khaye February 4, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

This is a beautiful song.... It's nice that you have posted it here. It reminds me of Rico Yan, I am not a fan but I just remember the guy with this song.

Tripti February 4, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Dear Bing,

Again true that nobody could give answer, either the friends or family they all said, they are helpless too.
Its just indside yourself ,which keeps you moving bravely, may be the love of those they left us, gives the strength to move on...

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

Angel, I know what you are going through right now. I posted a comment in your blog about a prayer i learned a long long time ago. That prayer along with the special songs of praise I mentioned in this post led me straight to the path of healing. They didn't really work like magic or something I found overnight but these were tools that eased my pain. Like you, I have a very loving family who deserved and needed to see me alive- struggling and fighting, yes, but alive. God is so good. I hope you can remind yourself of that everyday.

Here's a BIG HUG to you.It's so nice to see a comment from you again. Thank you.

Blessings!

Unknown February 4, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

Congratulations again my dear....you wrote from your heart...every word you choose speaks out your feeling...but I can also see you are on the road to healing, this is the support I am telling you about. God love you and bless you and to the award that Kat gave you, triple congratulations..I told a friend recently journaling/eBlogging is truly spiritual. Not only does it allow you to reminisce, it also gives you the opportunity to update your memories, feel some pain all over again - BUT with a great difference, for journaling affords you to release the pain through forgiveness - the REAL miracle of LOVE! God bless my dear!

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 8:05 PM  

Kat, thank you for the nice words. I already saw the triple "threat" awards and they are so cute. As I said in your blog, you really spoil me. Ooooppps I think my head has grown bigger nowadays. Lol.

A hug back to you. Thanks a lot again.

Much Love!

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Yes Khaye, Gary V sang this song at Rico Yan's funeral. I think that was how this song was introduced here.

Thanks for dropping by.(",)

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Tita Edzz, I couldn't have said it better. Thank you so much for appreciating what I have done here. Blogging has indeed helped me release a lot of pent up emotions. I remember how painful it was when I first published a post here. The reactions and comments I got inspired me more to continue spreading hope and healing to others who are in the same painful journey. Yes, this blog is a spiritual experience for me more than anything else.

Blessings to you and your family!

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Tripti, remember to take it one day at a time. Don't look for answers elsewhere. Things happen for a reason. I promise you, that pain won't go to waste. You have come out a much better and stronger person... slowly but surely. :)

Janet Gardner February 5, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Hi Bing,
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog today and I am so excited that you have decided to
write on the magazine. Kat told me she posted your first article tonight, I will go by and read it.
I will check on youtube for your version of the song and video thanks for letting me know that.
Blessings to you as well,
Janet :)
Janet :)

Bing Yap February 6, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

Hi Janet, congratulations for winning the 10th Compassionate Blog Award. You truly deserve it! I am so proud of you!

My article will come out in the next issue of The Angels Weekly- that would be on Feb. 10. I can't wait to see it myself. I am so excited about this and it is indeed an honor for me to join such beautiful and talented writers like you and Kat.

Much Love!

candlemamma February 8, 2009 at 12:54 AM  

This is wonderful and very inspiring. Thank you so much. I look forward to coming back.
All my Best!

Bing Yap February 8, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

Thanks for the kind words, Candlemamma. I hope you drop by again soon. Please take care!

Blessings to you!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter