If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

22 April 2010

Sunshine In Her Ravaged Soul

 

 She lay on the bed, her eyes closed as if sleeping
I didn't mean to wake her 
But when she heard my voice
She forced a smile as if to reassure me
That she was okay.

I was there to visit her
But she was first to ask how I was doing
I meant to ask but she carried on
And I ended up blabbering
About my new job and my new life.

She gave a hearty laugh at my jokes
She was her usual bubbly self
We talked about her treatment
And how she is looking forward to next month
When we need to fulfill our work commitment

She apologized that she cannot join us
You see, we have an important meeting tomorrow
I assured her that we, her friends, will take care of it
She smiled and showed contentment
Then excitedly discussed again our forthcoming assignment.

I went there with a heavy heart
Scared, knowing how cancer has ravaged her delicate body
She has fought well and is fighting still
Every time I see her she speaks with pride
About all the new medications she has tried.

It's radiation this time, she said
You see, lesions were found on her spine
She finds it funny how she always took her legs for granted
Realizing her folly only after
Her limbs went numb.

I blew her a kiss before I left  
And she blew one back at me
Upon seeing this exchange
Her mom beamed with pride
In her heart, she knows her child will be alright

I couldn't help but smile 
The visit was not what I expected it to be
She left no room for pity
She is embracing all of life
Or what remains of it

She is like the sun 
Whose rays brightly glow
Amidst the dark clouds
That try to hide its glory
Truly a sight to behold




Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 POINTS OF VIEW:

Anonymous April 23, 2010 at 2:49 AM  

This is so beautiful Bing. :) Loved it :)

Bing Yap April 23, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

THOM i felt i needed to write about it. my heart was heavy yet happy. my friend is so ill yet she managed to spread her sunshine around her. thanks for appreciating the post.

Melissa B. April 23, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

Bravo! You certainly have a way with words...

Bing Yap April 23, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

MELISSA thank you. i didn't know how else to write this post. but i knew i had to let it off my chest.

BK April 27, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

What a strong and inspiring soul!

Bing Yap April 28, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

BK, her strength is an inspiration. thanks for dropping by again.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall April 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

wow,
heartfelt and gorgeous poem!

Bing Yap April 29, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

straight from my heart, jingle :) thanks

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter