If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

10 January 2009

New Look For My Living Room

If there is one room in this house where James loved to spend most of his time, it was our living room. Never mind if we both dreamed of owning a Victorian type of sofa, the old rattan couch was his haven. I guess that was the reason why the dream never materialized. He simply hated the idea of discarding his favorite couch.

And perhaps that was also the reason why it took me 4 years to decide to finally give my living room a new look. The new set arrived today. I know this modern look is a far cry from his dream Victorian pieces.

But then, this is now MY choice, not his. This is now a true reflection of my taste. Very simple yet elegant. And comfortable. I can stretch out my feet on this comfy set after a hard day's work.

I am truly free.



Bookmark and Share


Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 POINTS OF VIEW:

SUSAN SONNEN January 11, 2009 at 2:01 AM  

It is beautiful, Bing!

Anonymous January 11, 2009 at 4:17 AM  

Bing I have an award for you....come and drop by at my site.

PhilJ January 11, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

Bing,

You really want me to comment on a sofa? My perfect sofa is one so soft and deep that allows you to sit on the dog and not know it.

(A sofa is not a sofa until you cant walk away with 1000 dog's hairs....and not smell like one)

The kind of sofa that you clean from time to time and find guests that have slipped down the back and fallen asleep.

The kind of sofa that doubles as a safe deposit box for all the loose change that falls out of your pockets.

The kind of sofa that embraces you like a lover when you lay down and watch TV. (I don't have TV or a lover lol)

But you have inspired me to tell a story about a sofa that saved a finally sunk a relationship and saved a marriage.

KAT January 11, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

Bing,
I love the new look, and the new attitude!! You are making subtle changes and that is good, hard but good, and now you can reflect your new self to all those around you! I'm sure James is looking down and approving with a smile. The new sofa looks alot more comfortable than the other one anyway! lol

By the way, I have left you 2 awards on my blog http://candlesandcrafts.blogspot.com feel free to come on over and claim them if you want!

Take care,
Kat

Bing Yap January 11, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

Thank you for dropping by. I didn't realize there is so much of the past that i have to start disposing of. For 4 years of inaction and detachment, my house has accumulated too much clutter. Now I want to be able to truly live in my space again and let it reflect the new me.

Thank you too for the awards, Bingkee and Kat. You have inspired me to continue what I'm doing here. This blog has been a great outlet for my wandering thoughts.

Susan, I really appreciate your visits.

Phil, a sofa is not a haven until you find someone to share it with.And I don't mean the dog.

God bless!

Bing;)

PhilJ January 11, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

Yes I know that. The sofa is the best place in the world for just being together.

but I don't even have a dog lol.

Here is my confession.

http://thesofaofdoom.blogspot.com/

..and its all true. every word

Bing Yap January 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

Phil, I read your new blog. I know it wasn't funny at all when it happened but your post about this incident made me roll in laughter. Please don't ever lose that sense of humor.

Bing;)

Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

great looking sofa! congratulations on the change.

Bing Yap January 13, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

Thank you for dropping by, Gege

Bing;)

PhilJ January 14, 2009 at 4:13 AM  

Bing, the sofa is white. No woman I have ever known (That sounds bad but its not as...shutup Phil) would let me sit on it.

I have learned that a new carpet means removing my shoes every day for six months when coming home.

New sofa means having to put clean(er) trousers on before sitting on it.

New sofas are a thing of fear for men. The 'new' bit is the wall between us and being able crash on it when we come home in the evenings.

The new sofa is like that mum that says 'I cant hug you, even if have you cut your knee. I have a new blouse.'

Women see sofas as beautiful things, which they are.

Men see them as intruders, usurping the harmony of slovenliness. We want the sofa but it must 'join the family'. It needs to have some comfort beaten in to it. We have to know if we can lay on it with our head propped up on our hand without said hand going dead.

How easy is it to reach for the coffee in the mug on the floor.

Can the dog get under the sofa and knock the mug over when he wags his tail?

Does the cushion facilitate newspaper reading?

Changing the sofa is akin to a woman cutting her hair short...Its traumatic I tell you. We have to change 'the picture we have of you in our head' when our beloved gets her hair cut. Same for the lounge.

I know what I mean.

Phil

PS : Nice Sofa

Bing Yap January 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

You have a way with words, Phil... as always. Thanks for the long comments. Obviously, there is really something about new sofas that you can't get over with. Lol.

Bing;)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter