If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

15 October 2008

Truly

If you were a teenager in the 80's and you were in love back then, you must have a very special song. Does it still bring tears to your eyes whenever you hear it?

It was actually James who chose this song for us. When he sang it to me for the first time, I wanted to laugh at him. It sounded so corny. But my heart melted as he belted out each line with all his heart. I got hooked since then.

There was a time when he wanted to change our song to Stephen Bishop's hit "It Might Be You." But by then, our song had already taken so much meaning in our lives.

The years passed and they didn't play this song anymore. We bought our own CD but after listening a few times, we forgot all about it. I guess it's still kept hidden somewhere in one corner of our house.

At a customer's company Christmas party that we attended a month before we lost him, he whispered to me that he had a surprise coming. That surprise turned out to be a song number (videoke-style) from him. He took the microphone and started singing a very familiar tune. The gesture moved me to tears. To stop me from being too sentimental, he encouraged me to sing with him. And so I did.

That was the last time I heard him sing our song...

A few months later, someone gave me a copy of a photo that was taken during the party.

To James... wherever you are now, thank you for all the wonderful memories!!!

TRULY
Lionel Richie
(soul R&B motown 80's 1982)

Girl, tell me only this
That I have your heart for always
And you want me by your side
Whispering the words
I'll always love you

And forever, I will be your lover
And I know if you really care
I will always be there

Now, I need to tell you this
There's no other love like your love
And I, as long as I live
I'll give you all the joy
My heart and soul can give

Let me hold you
I need to have you near me
And I feel with you in my arms
This love will last forever

Because I'm truly
Truly, in love with you, girl
I'm truly
Head over heels with your love
I need you
And with your love I'm free
And truly
You know, you're alright with me


Bookmark and Share

Stumble Upon Toolbar



Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 POINTS OF VIEW:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter