If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

05 July 2009

A Movie That Chased The Blues Away

The herd is back-- Diego (the saber-toothed tiger), Sid (the sloth) and the adorable mammoth, Manny. And who could ever forget Scrat, the saber-toothed squirrel, who lived only for his beloved acorn?

This time though, Manny has become a family man as he and Ellie are expecting their first mammoth baby. Scrat's life and his chase for the ever elusive acorn have also been complicated by Scratte, with whom he was instantly smitten. Diego, feeling insecure about his fading predatory nature, has decided to leave the pack while Sid's search for love led him to three baby Tyrannosaurus.



I am so glad that I went to see Ice Age: Dawn of the
Dinosaurs with my kids tonight. All four of us rolled in laughter as every scene unfolded. Believe me, when the mammoth and the tiger started talking like chipmunks, it brought the house down.

I knew this was going to be a great night for us. It was mostly adult talk during dinner. I can't believe how these kids have grown. Four years ago, they were just babies. Tonight they were asking me what my future plans are. To think that I wrote here a few nights ago that the future scares me. My son said he wanted to know because, although he respects the fact that this is my life, any decision I make will also affect him and his sisters. Touche'! Was that supposed to make me feel guilty?

As I said in that post, it helped me define what was bothering me and gave me the opportunity to reassess myself or the new direction I am about to take. As a result, it gave me the confidence (and the right answers) I needed to satisfy my kids' inquisitive minds tonight.


a pocketful of sunshine to everyone!!!



Blessings to all,


Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 POINTS OF VIEW:

Anonymous July 6, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

I saw that movie with my daughters today and just loved it! I think that I had a smile on my face through the whole thing. :) "MOMZILLA!"

Bing Yap July 6, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

hehe i like that MOMZILLA. indeed, when it comes to protecting our kids, we are much better than any superhero and fiercer than any monster. i never missed any of the ice age movies. they are really good. =) thanks for dropping by again.

Bing

Janet Gardner July 7, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

Hi Bing,
Thanks for sharing, I am going to take my son to see this. This post touched me very much. I am so inspired at your strength and growth. You children are truly blessed to have you as a mother.
I was horrified today that blogger took you out of my friends list???
I hope you did not notice, I put you back in. One time they took away my some of my followers too. Anyway take care,
talk to you soon :)
Janet :)

Bing Yap July 7, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

hi JANET... you shouldn't miss this ice age sequel. i guarantee you it will give you a good laugh and impart a valuable lesson on friendship and family.

i am happy that my kids and i can talk like friends. i have always encouraged them to speak their minds and sometimes they do cross the line. but there is nothing that good communication can't fix.

oh dear, i'm glad i'm back in your list. i didn't notice i was taken out. thank you for putting me back. it happened to me in the past also.

blessings to you,

Bing =)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter