If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

27 October 2012

All In A Day's Work


deadlines... urgent calls...
stack of papers on my desk
manic day at work

bring it on, i say
opting for vicissitudes
over stagnation

rest entices me 
coffee break is most welcome
all in a day's work




© Bing Yap [PinkLady] 2012
All Rights Reserved


Stumble Upon Toolbar

25 POINTS OF VIEW:

Sandee October 27, 2012 at 10:55 PM  

I remember these days. So very well too.

Have a terrific day. :)

anthonynorth October 27, 2012 at 11:02 PM  

Now that's a big pile of paperwork.

Bing Yap October 27, 2012 at 11:07 PM  

sandee, it's still going on here... even on weekends. LIFE! lol!

Bing Yap October 27, 2012 at 11:08 PM  

anthony, that caught your attention. some days it's worse. lol!

joanne October 28, 2012 at 12:43 AM  

some people thrive on this kind of what I consider stress...however, I have never been one of them...

Chèvrefeuille October 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM  

Wonderfully composed haiku.

Bing Yap October 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM  

joanne, lucky you! stress is part of my job and i love it. :)

Bing Yap October 28, 2012 at 11:36 AM  

kristjaan, thanks for appreciating my piece. :)

Magical Mystical Teacher October 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM  

Overwhelming!

Witches

rch October 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM  

Love it, that's how my desk used to look bit I just did a massive cleanup last week, excellent post.

Brian Miller October 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM  

it is nice to get to those breaks...i like being busy though...keeps the day moving...

Sherry Blue Sky October 29, 2012 at 3:04 AM  

Hee hee, that desk looks like the desk of the elderly lady I provide home support for - she can turn a small room into a cyclone center in an hour:) Thank heaven for coffee breaks, hey, kiddo?

Karen October 29, 2012 at 3:27 AM  

I agree that stress may be positive at times...some kinds of stress, anyway. That's where we grow, right?

Madeleine Begun Kane October 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM  

I enjoyed your haiku!

Bing Yap October 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM  

MMT, thanks for appreciating. :)

Bing Yap October 29, 2012 at 6:06 PM  

rch, i clean up once in awhile whenever a new deadline comes up. but it always ends up looking like that. lol. :)

Bing Yap October 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM  

brian, i try to keep myself busy all the time and when weekend comes, i claim my lazy sunday. that's when i get to appreciate what "relaxation" really means.

Bing Yap October 29, 2012 at 6:08 PM  

hi sherry, wish we can have coffee together... it would really be nice to share a light moment with you. :)

Bing Yap October 29, 2012 at 6:10 PM  

karen, it all depends on how we take things. but yes, there's opportunity for growth in every situation. thanks.:)

Bing Yap October 29, 2012 at 6:10 PM  

thanks for stopping by, madeleine :)

Scarlet October 29, 2012 at 8:24 PM  

Well I have the files in front of me now ~ I already need a break ~ Smiles ~

Mary October 31, 2012 at 1:49 AM  

One hopes that the work is enjoyed.....even though there is a 'mountain' of it!

Thanks for participating in Poetry Pantry. I am a bit late in making my rounds! Time for a 'coffee break' now. LOL.

Jenn @ You know... that Blog? October 31, 2012 at 4:51 AM  

I feel that stress! Sounds like you need a vacation... me too! Well done :)

Bing Yap November 1, 2012 at 4:34 PM  

Heaven, Mary and Jenn,

Thanks for spending that "break" here... Much appreciated! ♥

Madeleine Begun Kane November 15, 2012 at 5:08 AM  

Well done, and a perfect companion poem for that photo.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter