If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

13 October 2010

Stilettos (Haiku)


Welcome to Sensational Haiku Wednesday!
This week's theme: Shoes


blood-red stilettos
a luscious statement of grace
high-heeled elegance
-------------------

walk with confidence
legs never looked sexier
it's all worth the pain


© Bing (PinkLady) 2010

Image courtesy: Jacqui Faye
Posted for Sensational Haiku Wednesday 
Next week’s theme: Pathways


Stumble Upon Toolbar

27 POINTS OF VIEW:

Sherry Blue Sky October 13, 2010 at 11:13 PM  

Oh this is sweet! My mom always said "you have to suffer to be beautiful." Good poem, love the photo. If I tried to walk in a stiletto it would be hilarious, and probably dangerous as well:) My last "heel" was about an inch high back in 1966:) Tennis shoes since then! No glamour at all!

Jazzbumpa October 13, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

Who can say how far
You will go when you put on
Those ruby slippers.

Cheers!
JzB

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? October 14, 2010 at 12:16 AM  

Loving our theme this week! These are great, and so very true, too. I'm pretty tall even without heels, so depending on who I'm with I can't always wear my lovely heels.

Hubby is tall too, so when we're out together it's great, but J-B and Walt are not quite so tall, so when we're performing I keep them fairly flat. So much to consider... *sigh* ;)

Anonymous October 14, 2010 at 12:40 AM  

I love a woman in stiletto's. My favorite shoe that a woman can wear :) Very well done my friend :)

Sandee October 14, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

I so remember wearing painful shoes, and they looked so very hot. Very well said.

Have a terrific day Bing. Big hug. :)

Victoria October 14, 2010 at 2:10 AM  

Just can't go there anymore. Comfort trumps beauty at this stage of life. :0)

Bing Yap October 14, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

sherry, i know what you mean. gone were the days when i couldn't walk and leave the house without my heels. now i go flat most of the time. must be the age. lol.

thanks for the visit. ;)

Bing Yap October 14, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

jazzbumpa, ruby slippers can take me to oz... that will be an adventure! ;)

thanks for the nice haiku comment. :)

Bing Yap October 14, 2010 at 7:08 AM  

jenn, i am also taller than most of my friends. that didn't stop me from wearing my beloved heels. but then it's really different when you're performing on stage. perhaps you can wear them on your "after" party.

Bing Yap October 14, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

thom, i've always been comfy in my stilettos... until i changed job last year and stopped wearing them. now i'm starting all over again. still can't shake off the flats. thanks for stopping by, friend. ;)

Bing Yap October 14, 2010 at 7:12 AM  

sandee, i remember enduring the pain as long as they made my legs look sexier. lol. glad to have you back here. thanks for stopping by. ;)

Bing Yap October 14, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

victoria, it's an age thing i guess. i have the same predicament now. after my feet discovered the comfort that flats bring, my ankles can't stand the heels anymore. thanks for the visit. :D

Jingle October 14, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

your Haikus are elegant, just like the shoes...

Thanks for the birthdat wishes in my blog,
never worrying about time frame,
sweet you.
Happy Thursday!
u rock!

Bing Yap October 14, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

jingle, i'm really so sorry. that was the time when i experimented with disqus so i lost track of some of my comments. belated happy birthday, friend. i hope it was a great celebration.

and thanks for appreciating my post. ;)

JamieDedes October 14, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

Delightful. Fun! ... I must say, however, comes a day when you find it wasn't worth while ... ask the older women you know??!! :-) :-)

Good poeming though ... and a very gracious way to say thanks.

Award well deserved, Bing.

Blessings ...

Bing Yap October 14, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

hi jamie... i don't have to go far actually. i'm now paying for all those high-heeled years of mine. if my feet and ankles could talk, they'd scream "ouch" now. or maybe it's just time for me to lose weight. :D

thanks for stopping by, jamie. :)

quilly October 15, 2010 at 1:42 AM  

Your poem made me smile. I remember a time when I thought high heels worth the pain they brought. It is a rite of passage in the lives of most women I think. Glad I'm over it!

Lovely Annie October 15, 2010 at 4:04 AM  

Stiletto=suffering...so worth it!!

Your haiku makes the pain all the more delicious!

Amanda Moore October 15, 2010 at 4:46 AM  

cute Bing, I wish I could be one of those girls that wears high heels and red is the perfect shade for stilettos!

Bing Yap October 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

quilly, it's not for all women and i have so many girlfriends who stay away from stilettos. what truly matters is one's comfort. thanks for stopping by. :)

Bing Yap October 15, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

lovely annie, indeed it is... when you're much younger. lol! thanks for the visit. :)

Bing Yap October 15, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

amanda, it's your comfort that really matters most when it comes to shoes. you'd feel confident in whatever type of shoes you're in if it fits right. thanks for the visit. :)

ShaMoo October 15, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

Love the stiletto haiku!! There's something that shifts in my head when I slide into a pair of high heels...I feel so different just from that one act. Most of the men in my life aren't much taller than me (so I rarely wear high heels) but sometimes, you've gotta let the diva out to play!!

Emmanuel Ibok October 15, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

LOL...it's all worth the pain afterall as long as looking sexy is concerned...nice haikus, I wouldnt have thought of the combination of words you used in setting up the first stanza.

TGIF, have a great weekend
Cheers!

Bing Yap October 16, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

shamoo, it brings out the best in us. thanks for the visit. ;)

Bing Yap October 16, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

of course, emmanuel... that's vanity i guess. you know women! thanks for the visit and for appreciating my post. ;)

Nanka October 18, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

Love those stilettos but shoes are for walking and I would go with the good old comfy ones :)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter