If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

24 June 2010

A Birthday Reflection

I once dreamed of a sweet and gentle life
Where bliss greeted me at the door
And soft rose petals covered my bed...

But dreams are just dreams
And reality brings more pains
Than one could ever imagine...

Sheltered all my life
I thought it would all be easy
After all, up until then, life was a breeze...

Imagine my surprise
When the life I knew was suddenly interrupted
By people who thought they knew better...

Not only was there pain but shame as well
The crowd that used to surround us
Slowly dissipated into thin air...

Thank God for family and TRUE friends
It took one misfortune to unmask these faces
I wouldn't have survived without them...

Then you get to realize that
There is no such thing as an easy life
Everyone has an ordeal to tell...

Mine is a story of LOST love, life and hope
Until I decided to take the reins again
And stand up on my own...

Mine is a story of independence and liberation
Not of war but of love for life
A quest for deeper meaning of my existence...

You see, five years ago
I would have perished with James
And my three kids would have been orphaned...

But no, God had other plans
These kids are my mission
They are meant for greater things...

And I am here to guide and lead them
To the paths that the good Lord
Has paved for them...

God has been good to us
And I feel blessed to have everything we need
Enough lessons to teach us gratitude...

Now whenever I hear my kids say "thank you"
For every little nice thing done to them
I thank God for life lessons that were not wasted...




Let me take this opportunity to thank friends in  the blogosphere for making my birthday special...


To Thom for the nice birthday greeting that he posted in his blog "Thom's Place 4 Whatever".He just arrived from his Seattle trip and has been kept busy by a lot of things but he found the time to make a special post for my birthday.

Thom, your post took me by surprise. I don't even know how you got wind of my birthday but believe me, it felt so good to read your greetings online. You made me feel so special. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. And a big thanks as well to everyone who left a birthday wish or message for me in your blog.



To Jingle who really made it special with all the awards she gave me on my birthday. It was
indeed a pleasant surprise to see all those beautiful images that she made just for her Thursday Poets Rally Week 23 participants.

Jingle, I understand what you're going through right now. I am amazed at your  undying desire to lift our spirits up despite your own struggles. Rest assured that your efforts are much appreciated. Thank you for these beautiful awards:



 The Perfect Poet Award for Week 23











 The Most Consistent Poet  Award



The Most Persistent Poet Award




The Most Admirable Poet Award


The Celebrate Poet of May Runner Up Award






Friends are Precious Award








Wings of Light Award




Participation Award












Stumble Upon Toolbar

20 POINTS OF VIEW:

Anonymous June 25, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

Reality my dear sweet friend also brings happiness. You being living proof of that. You wrote this so well that it is very hard to expound on it other than to say we, you and I and everyone else are in charge of our lives. If you don't grab hold of it by the reins and make the most of it poor you because it is very easy to ride the road of happiness, joy, love, family and friends.

Thanks for the shout out my friend. You are most welcome for the birthday shout out. It was a scheduled post that I had done before I went to Seattle. And since I started doing this almost from the time I started blogging I keep my eyes and ears open when I read the blogs for the bloggers birthday and anniversary. I use to do everyone in the family but that got to be too much. I think I picked yours up from a Monday Mayhem if I remember correctly. And then it goes on my calendar and then I'm set for life :) WOOT!!!

Have a great weekend :)

Bing Yap June 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

that's how thoughtful you are, thom! most of us don't even take note of the answers in those memes. i am so pleased and honored to be included in your list of friends.

hey, i really missed your comments here. so glad to see you back!

happy weekend!

Anonymous June 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

Even though this might be late, I truly hope your birthday was all you wanted it to be. God bless ~ x

Bing Yap June 25, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

buttercup, thanks for the greeting. it was a perfect birthday celebration- a quiet dinner with the most important people in my life... my 3 kids =)

Heartspell June 26, 2010 at 2:30 AM  

Happy Belated Birthday! I love this post and the optimistic, grateful nature of what you shared. Hope the year ahead of you brings much contentment and peace in your life. Thank you for sharing. Heartspell

Bing Yap June 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

heartspell, thank you for the very nice comment. i'm glad that you appreciated my post. :)

Emmanuel Ibok June 26, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

A reflection that forces others to reflect. The content of poem is inspiring and uplifting. Happy belated birthday. I wish you the best. cheers!

Emmanuel Ibok June 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

A reflection that forces others to reflect. The content of poem is inspiring and uplifting. Happy belated birthday. I wish you the best. cheers!

Emmanuel Ibok June 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

A reflection that forces others to reflect. The content of poem is inspiring and uplifting. Happy belated birthday. I wish you the best. cheers!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall June 26, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

excellent poem,
lovely awards, well deserved.
you always give me love, honest and kind love.
I am tickled!

Anonymous June 26, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

God Bless You!

Jen June 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM  

What a lovely post - happy birthday! We're a couple of days late, but it's okay ('cause we're a couple of dollars short too :o)

Jingle June 29, 2010 at 1:52 AM  

Happy Monday...
See you on Thursday!

Bing Yap June 29, 2010 at 3:34 PM  

emmanuel, thanks for the greet. i'm glad this reflection inspired you. =)

Bing Yap June 29, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

jingle, you have encouraged so many of us. thank you for the recognition and appreciation.

Bing Yap June 29, 2010 at 3:36 PM  

five feet, God bless you too =) thank you for dropping by.

Bing Yap June 29, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

jen, it doesn't matter. your greeting made me smile here. thanks so much. :)

Anonymous June 30, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

hey
beautiful poem
n awards too touched my heart

Jen Cheung June 30, 2010 at 4:23 AM  

happy belated birthday! hope its not too late! hope all the wishes you wish for came true :)

jen

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall July 1, 2010 at 3:10 AM  

http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.wordpress.com/agreement-between-jingle-and-thursday-poets-rally-participants/

please sign in with this link,
let me know after you are done...Then I will link you in.
Thank you in advance!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter