If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

15 December 2009

I Am Letting Go Of Worries

"There is nothing that wastes the body like worry,
and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed
to worry about anything whatsoever."
-Mahatma Gandhi-


I have wasted too many hours of too many days worrying about bills and bank account balances, time and deadlines, teenage kids, sleep, stress, work... about the future and life itself. But then I realized that worrying about whatever difficulty I faced never got me anywhere.

And so, I decided to unwind the nerves in my mind, took a deep breath and let it all go. I quietly reminded myself that everything will be okay. I also resolved that--

If I catch myself worrying again about something that doesn't matter, I will just STOP worrying about it.

If I catch myself worrying about something that DOES matter, I will stop worrying about it -- and START TRYING to fix it.

After all, I deserve a life where, even if some people are insensitive and unkind, I am not going to mind because the blessings in my life far, far outweigh the burdens.

I will never again let a single thing rain on my parade.


Photobucket

Think of what we have
and NOT of what we don't have...
Have a Great Christmas!




Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 POINTS OF VIEW:

Sandee December 16, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

Easier said than done, but worry is an awful thing that does awful things to ones body. I hope you can just let that worry go.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

Bing Yap December 16, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

i have learned to live with it Sandee. it's not easy but it's manageable. i have been through worse yet i emerged unscathed. now i am no longer afraid of anything. what won't kill me will make me stronger.

i hope that was enough assurance to convince me. hehehe =)

Gaia December 16, 2009 at 12:47 AM  

Bing, well said. I am going to copy and paste this post in my Blackberry so that I can constantly remind myself to stop worrying over the exact things you mentioned. Blessings to you and kids.

Anonymous December 16, 2009 at 1:54 AM  

I'm really really liking the new and improved Bing myself. I'm so proud of you for finally realizing all of this. Of course it is gonna take time and it's great to see that you have worked through this. Your life is way to short to dwell in the past and worry about the little things. Enjoy your yourself first and foremost. When you do all else around you falls right into place. :) xoxoxo

bingkee December 16, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

Don't you know that in the Bible, Jesus said "Don't worry" so many times. Worrying is not trusting God.
Read this--->http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/anxiety.html

It's not hard to do....people just say it because they don't trust no one even themselves. People who say that also don't trust God that's why they keep saying it's difficult not to worry. Remember your God is bigger than your fears and problems.

susan sonnen December 16, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

I am proud of you.

And a merry Christmas to you as well, love. :)

Wenny December 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

I am in the same boat especially this past months.

I agree with you totally, no point worrying. With X'mas round the corner and a long holiday to Bali next week, I'm just letting go.

Worry is Wasteful!

Bing Yap December 17, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

GAIA if we carefully look at our worry patterns in the past, we'd realize that they were not really worth wasting sleep and time over at all. they just gave us wrinkles.

for those that are beyond our control, we just have to sit back, relax and accept the experience. they are there to give us valuable lessons. there is no use resisting them.

blessings to you!

Bing Yap December 17, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

THOM letting go was the hardest thing for me to learn. i had to learn to let go of the only kind of life that i knew existed. after that, acceptance (of anything and everything) came easier.

i just want to live my life to the fullest now, free from unnecessary stress. i don't want to waste a single minute worrying over things that don't even need to be solved because they will eventually resolve themselves. yes, most of the time, things just fall into place. you have got to have the patience to wait it out.

Bing Yap December 17, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

BINGKEE the reason why i share my life lessons here is because i want people to know that despite and inspite of their difficult situation(s), there is always HOPE. FAITH is something personal to each and everyone of us but, yes, for me it was God i held on to when i had nobody and nothing else left. that is why this blog is all about gratitude and celebration of life.

blessings!

Bing Yap December 17, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

SUSAN nice to see you again. Merry Christmas to you!!!

Bing Yap December 17, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

WENNY with that long holiday to Bali i don't see any point at all in worrying over anything. [geeeee, i am jealous now.] let go of all your worries and make the most out of that much needed break.

here's wishing you a great holiday with the people you love/family!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, friend! :)

Bing Yap December 23, 2009 at 12:42 AM  

NONYMOUS you said: "The money, brings the happy day to you, but does not bring peace and happiness to you."

i must agree with you. in the end, it's not money that counts but the happiness and contentment that you feel deep within. money can never buy that.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter