If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

17 July 2009

The Promise: Revisited

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess
for HE who promised is faithful."



On April 10, I wrote A Divine Promise :

"Truth is nowhere to be found,
and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey.
The Lord looked and was displeased
that there was no justice.


He saw that there was no one,
He was appalled that
there was no one to intervene;
so His own arm worked salvation for Him,

and His own righteousness sustained Him.


He put on righteousness as His breastplate,
and the helmet of salvation on His head;

He put on the garments of vengeance

and wrapped himself in zeal as in a cloak.

According to what they have done,
so will He repay wrath to His enemies

and retribution to His foes;

He will repay the islands their due
."


Isaiah 59:15-18


This was an unequivocal promise that God gave to me a few years ago. It was reiterated to me on April 10 (some sort of a reminder, I guess) so I decided to write about it. Little did I know then that His words would soon take form before my eyes.

Yesterday, I got another validation.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess for HE who promised is faithful." (Hebrews 10:23)

By an ironic twist of fate, the hunters have become the hunted. A bittersweet near-end (or is it just a bend) to a tragic and melodramatic quest. Poetic justice, maybe.

This much is quite clear to me now: I am just to sit back and relax.. and enjoy His show.

Everything happens for a reason. All for God's glory!

a pocketful of sunshine to everyone!!!



Blessings to all,





Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 POINTS OF VIEW:

skywind July 17, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

The child and peace will be the world future hopes.

Anonymous July 17, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

His hands are all over this, Bing. :D

Bing Yap July 17, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

Amen SKYWIND =)

Bing Yap July 17, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

SUSAN, that's what i found out that is why i am going to heed his advice this time- i will sit back, relax and enjoy HIS show. it's not about me anymore.

Wenny July 20, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

Hi Bing, I always remind myself that God has His purpose why I'm here. When we continue to put in our determination to follow God's path laid out for us, the light will be always be there at the end of the tunnel.

I know you've been regularly following my blog. So just a thank you note to show my appreciation. Hope you'll check it out at my blog; http://insidemybubbletoday.blogspot.com/2009/07/today-inside-my-bubble_17.html

Bing Yap July 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

hi WENNY, nice to see you here again. yes, God has a purpose for everyone and everything. thanks for dropping by. GOD BLESS!

Janet Gardner July 23, 2009 at 5:20 AM  

Very insightful and inspiring, thanks for sharing this Bing! Wish you could have joined us for lunch as well. Maybe someday, someway.
Love ya
Janet :)

Bing Yap July 29, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

thanks for appreciating this post JANET. you have always been supportive of me. thanks a lot for your prayers.

much love and blessings to you!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter