If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

07 June 2009

Time To Declutter My Room


When it comes to organizing my things, I am a big disappointment. Open my closet and you will enter a jungle. Not that it has always been like that. Of course when James was still around, things were a bit different. Now that I have no one to answer to if my room looks like a pigsty, I tend to put off plans of decluttering and cleaning up. . . until I learned that a messy closet can cause me aneurysm. Lol! Now that scared me!

What proved to be the biggest challenge is how to get started. You see, I'm too lazy now to even just fold or hang a blouse on a hanger and put it back into the closet after trying it on. It lies on my couch until I start looking for it again. This is frustrating for me too, you know. There is always a reason for me to rush out of my room (like "Oh no, I'm late for work!). Can you blame me if I don't want to stay long there?

Since I have long moved on, part of that should also involve fixing all the other areas of my life. Particularly my bedroom and my closet. Now is the time.

But I hardly have time to go around the local home maintenance shops for tips and ideas. So I resorted to the easiest and most convenient way - the internet.

It's a relief to know that I don't even need a major overhaul. There are a lot of closet organizers out there that are waiting to be discovered. If I want, I can go for an all-in-one system and still work within the budget or invest in a more elaborate organizer.

I can also pick small items like over-the-door shoe organizers or belt rings or vacuum seal storage bags for storing outdated clothes.

What's more? I also found pretty cool ideas for my bathroom which is my favorite space in the master's bedroom. Don't ask me why but the bathroom has always been my sanctuary since I was a little girl. I have a small one now so I need all the organizing accessories I could find like the bath accessories, stacking bins and boxes, and the simple store-all caddy.

Wow, all these ideas have fired me up. It's really time for change.



Blessings to all,






Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 POINTS OF VIEW:

Sandee June 8, 2009 at 1:30 AM  

I'm bad with clutter myself.

Have a terrific day. :)

Mike Golch June 8, 2009 at 1:46 AM  

when you have 2 pack rats living together it really get interestin,to say the least.when my wife and i pass away the family will have fun dealing with our condo.

Janet Gardner June 8, 2009 at 4:36 AM  

Hi Bing,
I am the same way, but thanks for sharing this info, maybe now I could become organized and stay that way for a change.
Take Care,
Janet :)

Bing Yap June 8, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Sandee, have a great week! :)

Bing Yap June 8, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

Mike, that's exactly what my kids will have too when I go. They'll surely have fun sorting out all my clutter. Lol!

Bing Yap June 8, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

Janet, these are really great ideas. This site has so many tips and products that can help us organize. :)

KAT June 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

I definitely need something like this, in every room of my house!

Bing Yap June 9, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Lol! same here KAT.. i suddenly realized it's not just my closet and bathroom that needs a makeover.

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic June 10, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

When we get rid of things we are also getting rid of emotional "junk" that no longer serves us! I think organizing is great.... I need more of it too!

Without Dash June 10, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

Decluttering is me! Just did a week long meme on the topic myself.
And because I do not like clutter, I do not understand these open closets.

Bing Yap June 10, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

KARA, you are so right.i believe that all these clutter represent the cobwebs in my mind and in my heart. i should really start shaping up. :)

Bing Yap June 10, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

hi WITHOUT DASH... i do not understand the open closets either. they would reveal too much of myself. and that would force me to clean up. hehe that's not me. :)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter