If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

14 March 2009

Making The Most Out Of Your Life


"Today is what matters most.
For some of you, there may be no tomorrow."
-God-


I have just read for the first time Francis M's chronicles concerning his battle with cancer (leukemia). I had to go to a room to cry... a battle well fought, a celebration of life. He died at the ripe age of 44, an age where for some life is just beginning like mine (I'm turning 42 this year). His blog was aptly titled "Francis M's Happy Battle." He left a wife, 8 children and an entire nation grieving for him.

Who was Francis M, you might ask. He was an icon to us Filipinos. I practically grew up seeing him in movies and in television shows playing roles that I could relate to considering that we were almost of the same age range. He wrote songs that described his love for his country. He was a selfless artist who believed that patriotism can be spread through his songs.

A few weeks ago, I also chanced upon the blog of Lisa, a cancer patient (she called herself a three time cancer fighter) who was chronicling the end of her battle. Her blog was called "Clusterfook- It Is What It Is." I waited for her next post to leave a message but it was too late. That post was her last. She died a few days later. She was survived by her husband Dude (John) and 2 beautiful daughters.

How many of us have taken our existence for granted? How many of us have ignored that inner voice telling us that we are meant to do something far greater than what we imagined? How many of us have reached the end of the line regretting the wonderful moments that we wasted?

Do we even have to wait for cancer or any life-threatening disease to unfold before our eyes to make us appreciate life? Do we have to wait for a deadline to be able to do what we are meant to fulfill in this lifetime?

Have you loved your children enough? Have you shown all the people you care for how much you love them? Is it necessary for you to hear it first from them before letting them know how much they mean to you? Have you said "thank you" where it is due?

Don't wait before it is too late. You are given your time here on earth to do all that. You are supposed to experience light, love and peace while you live. If you live in the dark, you have the light with you to lead you out of it.

Muster the courage to face each morning with a grateful heart... if you have nothing else to to be grateful for, be thankful at least that you are still breathing. There are people out there who are praying for a few days' extension. One day to them would make a BIG difference.

To the families of Francis M and Lisa, please accept my sincerest condolences.

For those of you who are in the dark and still trying to figure out what life is all about, I pray that time won't run out on you. Life is short. Make the most out of it. If you don't know where to begin, start by saying "I love you" and mean it from your heart.



Blessings to all,


Stumble Upon Toolbar

26 POINTS OF VIEW:

Anonymous March 15, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

I had to comment on what a beautiful post that was. How touching, and how true!!

Now, what the heck did you do to your comment section, girl?? It's all weird now??

Bing Yap March 15, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

Oh dear, I tinkered with the template because I wanted commentluv here but everything went crazy. Been troubleshooting for half day now. I decided to revert to my good old blogger template without the js kit. So sorry for the inconvenience, Kat. I think I'm back to normal now. :D

Thank you for dropping by.

Much Love,

Bing (",)

Tripti March 15, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

hey bing very well written and very true indeed !!

Bing Yap March 16, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

Hi TRIPTI, life is worth celebrating! We don't have forever so it's best that we don't take anything for granted.

Jackie March 16, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

Bing this is a wonderful post with a very inspiring message for all of us.

Oh my 44 years old I am 52 and just sitting here right now thinking about how many changes and experiences I have gone through in 8 years.

Thanks for the wonderful reminder to live the moment and be grateful for each and every second!!

Hugs,

Jackie:-)

Bing Yap March 16, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

Jackie, it is always so nice to hear from you. Thank you for dropping by and leaving this beautiful comment.

Blessings to you!

Mariuca March 17, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

Thank u for the inspiring words Bing! I will greet my hubby with a big ILY when he wakes up in the morning. :):):)

Janet Gardner March 17, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

Hi Bing,
This is a good message to send to people who get caught up in everyday life and think nothing will ever change for them. It is usually to late when someone realizes the precious moments in life everyday. Losing both of my mothers last year made it quite clear to me that everyday is a gift.
Thanks for sharing,
Janet :)

Bing Yap March 17, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

Hi MARZIE, i hope you didn't forget to say your ILY to him. It feels so good to love and be loved in return. ;)

Bing Yap March 17, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

JANET, it sounded so simple and yet so many of us forget how to "live" in the real sense of the word. What matters most is NOW, TODAY. But there are people who miss the opportunity to enjoy life because they are too busy preparing for tomorrow.

Yes, everyday is a gift.

Blessings!

Jackie March 18, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

Oh Bing they changed their policy and I am back.

I am trying now to get caught up and get some credits earned back.

I know god will provide as I try my best to for Him.

I am just so happy that EC backed off on this one.

Now I don;t have to worry about what kind of adds will be on my blog.

Love and hugs and blessings for a wonderful day!!

Jackie:-)

Angela March 18, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

This is such awonderful post with such an important message. Thank you:)

Bing Yap March 18, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

Hi JACKIE, i am so happy how things turned out there at EC. The members' voices did make a lot of difference. I'm glad the EC admin listened.

Thank you for being one of those who stood up for all of us. Don't worry about the credits... you'll be earning more in no time at all.

Much Love!

Bing Yap March 18, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

ANGELA, I hope it helped you somehow. Please hang in there. Light and peace will soon come to you.

God bless you! :)

Jackie March 19, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

hey Bing,
Just popping in to spread a little love your way!!

Jackie:-)

Bing Yap March 19, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

Oh that's so sweet of you, JACKIE! Thank you...

Mary March 19, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

Hello Ate Bing,

Such a beautiful post! Thanks for reminding us. :)

God bless,
Flo

Bing Yap March 19, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

Thank you, Flo. I will be posting the award you gave me (and the other awards) soon. Thanks for dropping by again.

Much Love!

Unknown March 20, 2009 at 1:14 AM  

That is so beautiful and realistic. I could feel the wind from the wings.
Beautifully said as well!

Have a very positive day!
~D~

KAT March 20, 2009 at 5:49 AM  

Hey sweetie!!

I've left you an award over at my blog!!

Take care,
Kat

Janet Gardner March 20, 2009 at 6:30 AM  

Hi Bing,
This is very touching and an important message to get out. I have had enough loss to be able to have the gratefullness of each day. In fact my neighbor just died at the young age of 38 of a rare heart cancer. She is leaving her husband and 11 year old son behind. It made me cry thinking of that poor family. Everyday is definetly a gift
thanks for sharing,
Janet :)

Bing Yap March 20, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

DOROTHY, your words inspired me. Thank you for the lovely comment.

Bing Yap March 20, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

KAT, I am so thrilled to receive another award from you. You do spoil me, you know. Thanks for your generosity.

Bing Yap March 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

JANET, like you i have been through so much pain. but we should never ever let this stop us from making the most out of what life has to offer each one of us. indeed, every single day is a gift!

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic March 22, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Beautiful Post!
I have you in my prayers, always :)

Bing Yap March 29, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

KARA, thank you so much! i really need those prayers.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter