If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

23 October 2008

Thank God For BFFs


I got a long distance call tonight from my best friend. She is now based in Manila but through the years we never lost touch. She made sure that I never felt alone when tragedy struck my family.


A week after James went missing, I was in Manila with her looking for people who could help me find him. Four months later, we were at Plantation Bay in Cebu for a weekend getaway. That really helped a lot. For three days, I tried to forget everything and just focused on myself… something I have not done for a long time.


But that’s not all to the story of our friendship. You see, there are nine of us in our group. We all met in our first year of law school and from then on, we were like peas in a pod. From four, the group grew into nine and bonded like sisters. Some may have left the city or the country but believe me, their hearts remained here.



While I became reclusive for over a year, these friends never lost faith in me. They did their best to pull me out of the pit. In the mean time, they faced all the controversies that surrounded my family and defended our name to the point of being criticized themselves. They said it was all worth it. After all, these are people who knew us (James and I) by heart.


Now, when I look back, I thank God for these best friends who stayed with me even in darkness. They were there for me until the end. With them, there was no timetable or pressure to get over the slump. They waited and they believed that I could get through it.


So when I start counting my blessings now, I count them as one.




Bookmark and Share

Stumble Upon Toolbar

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 POINTS OF VIEW:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter