If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

18 April 2011

Through The Rain (Mariah Carey)


Here's a song that speaks of faith... 
No matter what the obstacle is, 
one who perseveres shall prevail... 
Have a Musical Monday! 





THROUGH THE RAIN
Mariah Carey

When you get caught in the rain
With nowhere to run
When you are distraught and in pain
Without anyone,
When you keep crying out to be saved
But nobody comes
And you feel so far away
That you just can't find your way home
You can get there alone it's okay
once you say.

I can make it through the rain
I can stand up once again
On my own and I know
That I'm strong enough to mend
And everytime I feel afraid
I hold tighter to my faith
And I live one more day
And I make it through the rain.

And if you keep falling down
Don't you dare give in
You will arise safe and sound
So keep pressing on steadfastly
And you'll find what you'll need to prevail
Once you say.

I can make it through the rain
I can stand up once again
On my own and I know
That I'm strong enough to mend
And everytime I feel afraid
I hold tighter to my faith
And I live one more day
And I make it through the rain.

And when the wind blows
And shadows grow close
Don't be afraid
There's nothing you can't face
And should they tell you
You'll never pull through
Don't hesitate, stand tall and say

I can make it through the rain
I can stand up once again
On my own and I know
That I'm strong enough to mend
And everytime I feel afraid
I hold tighter to my faith
And I live one more day
And I make it through the rain

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 POINTS OF VIEW:

Run DMT April 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM  

The beginning of that video was hard to watch. How sad. But the song is truly lovely! What a beautiful message! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!

Bing Yap April 18, 2011 at 10:17 PM  

run dmt, i read somewhere that the video tells the story of mariah's parents- an interracial marriage that defied all the odds. the song's message is quite empowering that's why i love it.

thanks for the visit. :)

Anonymous April 18, 2011 at 11:09 PM  

This is very empowering my friend. excellent choice.

Bing Yap April 19, 2011 at 5:37 AM  

thanks thom. i'm glad that you like it. :)

Sandee April 19, 2011 at 8:10 AM  

Beautiful Bing. Sometimes getting through the rain is painful.

Super big hugs. :)

Amanda Moore April 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

I love Mariah and I have never heard this one I have a new song to ad to my Mp3 player!Glad to have you back to blogging Bing!

Bing Yap April 19, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

hi sandee... when you get through, it's all worth the pain... "rain" won't kill us. i'm glad that you like the song. thanks for the visit. :)

Bing Yap April 19, 2011 at 12:00 PM  

hi amanda... i am so happy to blog again and would love to blog-hop like i used to as soon as my schedule allows me. it's still a little manic here. this song of mariah carey is a favorite piece in singing contests which i love to watch on tv. i love the song's message. i'm glad that you like it. thanks for hosting musical monday. :)

Art of RetroCollage May 1, 2011 at 9:11 AM  

Yes, this song also has resonance for me. I also had a similar loss to you 4 years go.

Bing Yap May 2, 2011 at 9:55 PM  

retrocollege, i'm sorry to hear about your loss. i can see how you could relate to this song. thanks for appreciating. i hope you are feeling much better now. {{{hugsss}}}

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter