If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

31 March 2010

A Sunshine Poem From My Daughter and Sensational Haiku Wednesday



 I came home late one night and found a cute handmade card tucked under my laptop. It was from my daughter Jazzy...

Her very touching message left me teary-eyed. Attached to the card is a poem which she wrote for me a year ago (she decided to share it with me only now). It goes like this...


SUNSHINE

It gives us light,
even in the darkest of night
It's always something to look forward to everyday
since it lights up our way.

We wake up in its sunny ray
and instantly say or think "it'll be a good day."
Living positively, as always,
as happy as can be, is what God says.

White or yellow, it's never the same
for God is the one who keeps it tame.
Even in the smallest of amount
it always makes us happy even just an ounce.


At the back of the paper where her poem was written, there was a postscript:

"Treasure this while I'm still a good teenage girl. LOL! :D I'm turning 14 already so please bear with me because it is natural for me to want to go out with friends like ahia (big bro) does [to GMall, Victoria Plaza, SM, sometimes NCCC]. Especially this summer! Love ya!!! -Jazzy-"


Kids do have a sense of humor and they can be so clever and creative if they want (or need) to. See those highlighted letters on the poem? They read: "I love you."

Oh Jazzy, I am so impressed... BUT the answer is still NO. Lol!!! Just kidding... :-* Of course, you can go out with your friends as long as I know where you are, who you are with and you keep me posted always. You're a big girl now and I trust you. You know the rules, right?

I love you too, princess!!!



SENSATIONAL HAIKU WEDNESDAY




longingly she waits
sweet melodic tune at heart
 soon he will be home...




Join the
 fun!


The basics:

Haiku is simple! It is 3 non-rhyming lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables respectively (a great way to use your fingers!). Traditionally about nature, we certainly don’t need to stick to that theme. In fact, we have a different theme every week!


Jenn of You know... that Blog?, thanks for hosting
Sensational Haiku Wednesday... 



Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 POINTS OF VIEW:

Sandee March 31, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Awww...that's beautiful. It truly is.

Have a terrific day Bing. Big hug. :)

Anonymous March 31, 2010 at 5:28 PM  

What a wonderful poem and such a nice mom letting her go. :) You are terrific and so is Jazzy. And your Haiku my friend is just wonderful. :) Very loving this post is. :) xoxox

Bing Yap March 31, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

thanks SANDEE... have a meaningful holy week :)

Bing Yap March 31, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

there's a private message in her card. i wish i can share it with all of you. i feel so blessed to have her as my daughter THOM. she deserves her freedom... as long as she follows the rules. she breaks one and she is grounded for life. LOL!

as for the haiku, ***sigh***... :D

Jenn@ You know... that blog? April 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM  

The teenage years are the most challenging... my teen is almost 16, and there are days when I just sit and long for the days when she was tiny and depended on me for everything. She's a good kid too, but it's tough knowing what there is out there for our kids to face.

*hugs* to you, and to your terrific teen.

Mike Minzes April 1, 2010 at 1:25 AM  

What a nice blog! I will be back for more!

Bing Yap April 1, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

JENN i know what you mean... i also miss those days when she was so tiny and clingy. how i wish i can protect my kids 24/7 but that's like putting them in a cage. they must understand though that "freedom" at their age has limitations. :)

thanks for dropping by, Jenn. i enjoyed the haiku again.

Bing Yap April 1, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

REALLIVEMAN, thanks for appreciating my blog. :)

No Longer 25 April 1, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

Great haiku, it's amazing how much you can say with only a few lines.

Have a lovely day,
Jade

Bing Yap April 5, 2010 at 7:39 PM  

JADE what is amazing about haikus is that these few lines truly come from the heart :) thanks for dropping by...

Bing Yap April 11, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

thanks LYDIA, i will check i out :)

Therapy4help April 12, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

In states with regulative boards, it is crucial to affirm they possess a permit to practice. All the same, in those states without such panels, discovering one with certification is a beneficial sign.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter