If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

22 December 2009

The Champ's "Little" Secret

"Just trust me,
I will not leave you,
I will not abandon you."



A news article in the front page of the Philippine Daily Inquirer caught my eye today. It surely made me smile and warmed my heart.

Everyone knows who Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao is. He is the WORLD's pound-for-pound boxing king and has been recently named as "Boxer of the Decade" by Reuters News Agency (easily easing out Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s name from the title).

For the first time, he revealed the secret of his success -- he had a conversation with God who promised him "strength and power." He said that God once told him: "Just trust me, I will not leave you, I will not abandon you."

That promise was made to him long before he became a world champion. Yet he trusted, he believed, he held on to his faith.

A world champion attesting to God's goodness is something that is not common. Normally, a man of his stature would force on our throats his own greatness and the power that he wields. But this man of humble beginnings continue to acknowledge where all his blessings come from. Since the first time I saw him fight until the last title he won, he always offered to God his own little corner on the ring where he knelt before and after each bout to pray and thank Him.

People laughed at him when he was just starting, finding his behavior odd or too fanatical. Now people see it as a symbol of his unwavering faith- a reminder to everyone that God should be first in everything.

This is one man who has never forgotten where his success came from.... a man who continues to count his abundant blessings and not allowing them to get in his head... a man who acknowledges a greater power over and above his... a man whose unwavering faith should be emulated...

It all starts with gratitude... a grateful heart that counts every little positive thing that comes our way instead of dwelling on our frustrations.


Photobucket

Think of what we have
and NOT of what we don't have...
Have a Great Christmas!




Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 POINTS OF VIEW:

Anonymous December 22, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

Bing his last fight was during a UH Football game on pay per view. My brother ordered it. We, my friends and I were outside watching the UH game and it was so boring we turned to the fight...Manny is awesome. I really like him :) Excellent boxer...and I hate boxing LOL Thanks for sharing this :)

Bing Yap December 22, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

Thom i hate violence and i have all the reasons to hate boxing. but this is one guy who has taught me not only how to appreciate the sport but also the virtue of humility. that corner of the ring (where he kneels and prays and offers every game) can be any corner of our lives or our homes.

if one is a non-believer, he just has to thank the universe for life itself. a simple "thank you" will be enough.

Sandee December 22, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

Gratitude is indeed the key. What a fine young man.

Have a terrific day and a very merry Christmas Bing. Big hug. :)

Bing Yap December 23, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

Sandee, never forget- that's the key. he just turned 31 a few days ago.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter