If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

14 November 2009

Facebook Mania and High School Buddies


I never thought I'd get hooked. I was content with Twitter posting my updates (including shoutouts) in my Facebook profile wall. I would check out and try new crazy quizzes and applications from time to time, say hi to some friends and... that's it...

Until my high school buddies started posting our "vintage" photos... That did the trick!

Now there is no day when I wouldn't check the long thread of comments below each of these photos. Even at work, I would sneak into FB for a few minutes and see what my former classmates and batchmates are discussing (and who's being "roasted").

I can't count the times when I silently laughed behind my work desk after reading and joining in those silly banters. From skinny jeans (80's version), shower scenes to hair lice... everyone has something to say. "Skeletons" were unraveled to the delight of the group.

I must thank Facebook for getting us to interact and reconnect with each other after many years. I have not seen most of these friends since high school graduation and that was- OMG!!!- 26 years ago!


HIGH SCHOOL IN THE 80'S... SWEET MEMORIES












Photo credits: Thanks to HS buddies Tina and Dulce for taking us to a trip down memory lane through these "vintage" photos. As I said, they are timeless and priceless now.





Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 POINTS OF VIEW:

Anonymous November 15, 2009 at 2:18 AM  

Aren't high school pictures fun to look at? Thank goodness I don't know where any of mine are. LOL. I was doing Facebook until I started blogging. I just couldn't do them both so I gave up facebook and I'm glad I did :) I could never do any of those damn games LOL. I can't even do a race track on XBox for that matter...LOL. Too many controls to have to worry about :) Have a great weekend :)

Bing Yap November 15, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

THOM they have posted more photos... lol. when i look at them, i remember how simpler our lives were back then.

as for facebook, i couldn't do those games like farmtown, farmville, mafia wars, etc. i just don't have the patience (and time, i guess). i have so many gifts and invites already but i don't know what to do with them. LOL!

have a great weekend too, friend.

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic November 15, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

I still haven't joined in the fun of FB. I guess I still like my privacy, maybe some day since so many, many people just love it!

Your pictures are wonderful! I graduated just a few years later and can "totally" relate, LOL!

Bing Yap November 19, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

HI KARA... if not for my siblings who are both in the US, i wouldn't have found the patience to maintain my FB. it took me around 2 years before i really got to appreciate it. when former classmates and friends from the olden days started reconnecting, everything changed there for me. after seeing these old photos, i know now it's worth sharing a little part of my present life with them too.

it has been awhile since i last heard from you. i am so happy to see you here again, KARA. :)

blessings!!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter