If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

08 October 2009

Of Second Chances and Seizing The Moment



The moment I saw this wall sign, I knew I had to post it here. It caught my eye because it accurately describes what is going on in my life right now.

Not everyone gets a second chance. There are some who are lucky enough to get second chances in life but they either refuse to acknowledge it or fail to seize the special moment out of FEAR.

I chose to seize mine.

Like so many, I put my life on hold for so long out of fear of all the uncertainties. The "status quo" became my comfort zone and I refused to venture out of it. I avoided stirring up conflict that would "rock the boat", so to speak. I tried to please everyone to deserve my stay in what I considered a "smooth sailing" life.

But deep inside, I knew I was in the wrong place. My heart yearned for more. It craved for growth. It was hungry for change. It cried out to be finally attended to. So that's exactly what I did.

In July (that heart-wrenching difficult month), I declared that I am leaving my job of 13 years (effective September, that is). Together with that declaration, I severed my affiliation with anyone who could influence my personal decisions as far as "justice for James" is concerned. I declared that I would no longer be afraid of anything or anyone. When I finally met with the Senior Partner of our office last August, I told him that I've kept my silence for 4 years already and it's time for me to make my own decisions without worrying about the repercussion on people I work with. He understood what I meant. I then turned over my duties as Managing Partner and Office Manager, a position I held since 2003 in this 32-year-old prestigious office.

For people who are close to me, they know what other privileges I gave up and the ties I severed with that decision. Was it hard for me? Surprisingly, it came as a relief.

Careerwise, I am starting over again. Things happen for a reason and the new opportunity presented itself to me. I grabbed the chance. It just felt so right.


I can't believe it has been a year now since I started this blog. Also exactly a year ago, the SUN found its way into my life.

To my blog and to my Sun:




MySpace Graphics


The Sun shone oh-so-brightly again in my life these past two weeks. I wish I can share that happiness with everyone. If only I can give a piece of my heart to each of you...

Blessings to all,

Stumble Upon Toolbar

17 POINTS OF VIEW:

Anonymous October 8, 2009 at 2:07 AM  

Atta girl Bing. Sometimes it takes us a while to seize the moment but when we do it's like you say - Relief. I'm so happy for you and Congrats on your blogs Anniversary. But more congrats to you personally and how you are moving on and handling your life as well as that of your children. :) Kudoa my friend :)

Janet Gardner October 8, 2009 at 11:22 PM  

Congradulations Bing for having the courage to start over!! I am also starting over in a way, I will be going back to get my master's degree soon, looking forward to the future. Good luck to you, stay strong :)
Janet

Teena in Toronto October 9, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

Happy blogoversary!

SueFitz October 9, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

Congrats on your blogoversary!

Gaia October 10, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

Came by from 'stigma no more' . Congrats on the courage to set your boundary and start over. Wish you all the best and God Bless

KAT October 11, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

Congratulations on your blogoversary, and your anniversary and for being brave enough to start over!! I'm sorry I am so late in posting this, but the wishes are there!!

Take care,
Kat

SUSAN SONNEN October 11, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Happy Blog Anniversary and congratulations on your courageous decision. :D

Bing Yap October 15, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

THOM fearless is the word. i don't want to waste any opportunity by being scared all the time. Yes, it's a big relief when you know and feel that you made the right choice. thanks for the greeting. :)

Bing Yap October 15, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

JANET i am soooooooooo happy for you. go for that master's degree. good luck, girl!

Bing Yap October 15, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

TEENA thank you so much!

Bing Yap October 15, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

SUEFITZ, thanks a lot :)

Bing Yap October 15, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

GAIA thanks for dropping by and greeting me.

Bing Yap October 15, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

KAT thanks for the moral support, encouragement and inspiration you have given me. your friendship means a lot to me. muah!

Bing Yap October 15, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

SUSAN thanks for dropping by again. it's always a pleasure to see your comment here. thanks for the greeting.

Night Owl Mama October 17, 2009 at 3:39 AM  

happy Bloggy anniversary to you. Found your site through Cathy

Bing Yap October 17, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

hi NIGHT OWL MAMA... thanks for dropping by and leaving your greeting here. i really appreciate it.

Suedonim16 November 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

I sure wouldn't mind getting a piece of your heart, Ms. Bing! =)

Cheers to a giant step you just took!

More blessings to you!

V

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter