If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

31 July 2009

Positive Day in the Blogging World

While I was blog surfing one night, I came across a beautiful badge at Mike's site, Rambling Stuff AKA Golch Central.

Curious about it, I tried to learn more and found myself at Jennifer's site, Dust Bunny Hostage, where she explained how her little Diva Daughter, 12 years of age, dreams of declaring a Positive Day when she becomes President in 2032. One commenter suggested that instead of waiting for 2032, Diva Daughter should pick a date now for all of the Bloggosphere to celebrate. In her blog, Jennifer wrote:

On July 31, 2009, I would be humbled and blessed if you would participate in the day envisioned by Diva Daughter. It would be an opportunity to show that young people do indeed have a voice and that they can make a difference... Then on July 31, share the things in your life that are positive. Count your blessings. Tell us why you are thankful. CHOOSE to "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative."

I thought this was awesome so here I am participating in this momentous event... the Bloggosphere's Positive Day!

July has really been a turbulent month for me. For weeks, I was a nervous wreck and total darkness covered me again. It was one of the hardest struggles I had to hurdle. It's been so long since the last time I have been in a very dark place.

Ending the month on a positive note is indeed the best way to cope. I need to remind myself that my blessings far outweigh and outnumber the setbacks I have encountered.


1. In my post "Let Light Shine Out of Darkness...", I wrote about the wonders of gratitude at a time when you can't see anything but darkness. My heart is filled with joy now at the thought of my 3 children who have shown me what it is like to love, hope and trust again.

"We have learned to count our blessings. At first, it was just the beautiful yellow butterfly... the food on our table... until we were able to see the greater blessings again. Each day was a miracle in itself.

And when my youngest daughter led a prayer before our meal one night by saying: "Thank you Lord for not allowing Mommy to go out with Daddy that evening... Thank you for letting her stay with us..." and the two gave a resounding "AMEN", I was dumbfounded. I couldn't help but smile and think that I must have done something right to deserve these three amazing children.

Ours is a story of hope and faith. Everything happens for a reason. You just have to trust that things always get better. After all, being happy (again) is a matter of choice."

2. In my post "Sunshine In My Heart", no setback is ever too daunting. I counted the most important people who make my life worth living everyday.

"Each morning, I wake up to the sound of my kids' busy banters as they prepare for another day in school. I don't even have to bother waking them up. They need no prodding to do what they have to do.

I have my parents who, despite their frail health and other serious concerns, never fail to check on me and my kids. I guess in their eyes I never stopped being their little girl.

I should not forget my bro ('tol) and sis (li'l sis) who, despite the distance between us, have remained close to me. Waking up to their messages in my inbox or cellphone saying "Sis, what do the kids need?" or "Sis, musta na?" ("how are you doing?") always warm my heart.

I have a job that people dream of (if only for the glamor of it) - in a workplace where each one is treated like family .

I have friends (the BFFs) who have stayed with me through thick and thin, rain or shine, come hell or high water. Isn't it amazing that, instead of drifting apart, we (including husbands and kids now) were able to create a much stronger bond through all those 20 years of friendship?

And yes, after a big storm in my life, the sun found its way back and is finally here to stay. Little did I know back then that sunshine would warm my soul again."

3. Yes, I may have lost one important person (James) in my life but I still have many who love me just as much. In "Endings Always Bring New Beginnings", learning to love myself again is the best gift I gave to myself.

"Moving on does not mean that I have not loved him enough. It was a decision not to get stuck in the past. When James entered my life, there was no guarantee at all how long he would stay. So instead of wallowing in self pity, I focused on how fortunate I was to have experienced James' unconditional and unfailing love in all of 22 years of my life.

Now I am able to laugh again. I have rebuilt my life and my strength. The blessings have taken a new meaning simply because I have learned to fully appreciate, enjoy and share them with others. And best of all, I have learned to love myself again."

4. In the blogging world, I found friends who truly matter.





They are people who have taught me that distance is not a hindrance to any friendship. These are friends whom I may not even have the chance in this lifetime to meet personally but have managed to touch my life (and my heart) just the same. They believed in me and have motivated me to continue doing what I have started here. Their blogs (and advices) have inspired me and fostered my own personal/spiritual growth. Thank you so much Kat, Janet, Susan, Mother Maitri and Kara. Thanks to Sandee and Mike for their regular comments in both of my blogs. OMG, how can I forget? Thank you Bingkee for your special friendship.


On this note, let me end this long post with a quote from Og Mandino:

"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence."



a pocketful of sunshine to everyone!!!


Blessings to all,





Stumble Upon Toolbar

34 POINTS OF VIEW:

symposio July 31, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

Hi
I gave you the Humane Award, you can go to my blog to get it!

Anonymous July 31, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

What an amazing post. You have lost someone very important in your life, and their lives, but you carry on for the other someones. And you all continue to be blessed.

j July 31, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

TEARS when I read that July has been a hard month for you, and knowing today, the last day of July, you are ending the month on a positive note.

I can't begin to imagine what James's loss has done to your life. I am sure that you have to choose positivity so often you loose count. You are participating in Positive Day - making that choice.

I'm thankful that you have people around you who love you and whom you love. That is TRULY a blessing.

Thank you for participating. YOU are part of what is positive about my day.

Be blessed!

Mike Golch July 31, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

That Is a fantastic and powerful post!I am honored to be a part of the blogging community and to have you as a blogging friend.

Dianne August 1, 2009 at 1:16 AM  

You have written a touching and powerful post

thank you

and may every day be full of light for you

Sandee August 1, 2009 at 1:19 AM  

Beautiful honey. And I found you too.

Have a terrific day and weekend. Big hug. :)

Ronnica August 1, 2009 at 2:48 AM  

Thankful that these seasons, no matter how difficult they are, come to an end.

Anonymous August 1, 2009 at 3:37 AM  

What a beautiful post my friend. I really enjoyed this read. You are a kind woman and I'm glad to have your friendship. I didn't even know about this blog...silly me :) Aloha and have a Happy Positive Day 2009

Janet Gardner August 1, 2009 at 5:18 AM  

Hi Bing,
This is a very inspiring post. I love how you said distance is not a hindrance to any friendship. It is so true!! Thanks for mentioning me,
back at ya.
Love ya,
Janet :)

KAT August 1, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

I am so truly lucky to have found you too!! And the distance between us is awful!!
Most days I wish I could just hug you soooo tight, but at least you know when I send my virtual hugs, that I mean them, and they would be strong and tight if it was in person.

You have written an awesome post here, and it will touch many, many people, just as it has done me.

When I first came upon your blog, you inspired me, and somehow touched something deep down inside that I had been harboring.... from getting to know you, I feel we are kindred spirits, and have much in common. You still inspire me every single day, and I don't ever want that to stop!

You are an amazing woman Bing, and you have so much to offer others. Please keep the sunshine in your life, and the smile on your face. It suits you so much better than the darkness...

I am here whenever you need me, you know that...
Always will be.....
Love you Girl!
Take care of you!
Kat :)

Travis Cody August 1, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

I'm here from Jen's linky.

I believe it is the way we cope with the struggles in our lives that defines us, rather than the results of the struggles. You demonstrate that with this post.

Happy Positive Day!

Debra August 1, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

What a very inspiring post. One of the best I have read! Also enjoyed visiting your blog.

~Blessings of peace and all that is good~

SUSAN SONNEN August 2, 2009 at 3:40 AM  

Sweet Bing, YOU are the one who inspires! Your positive outlook, determination and strength give the rest of courage and hope. Thank you. And I thank you for your friendship.

bingkee August 2, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

You are a special friend too Bing....pag uli nako ug Davao next year, magkita na jud ta....
I am happy for you that you found joy amidst turbulence and you became a better person. You know....God always makes a way even if you don't see it.

Angela August 2, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

What an amazing post. You are such an inspiration, and I can't count how many times your blog has touched me.

Thank you<3

Prodigal Son 35 August 2, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

very nice... touching...

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic August 7, 2009 at 3:19 AM  

What a beautiful post, just like its author. Thank you so much for opening you heart to all of us... You, bless us with it and with your wisdom.

Also, thank you for listing me as a friend. I am honored.

Blessings to your lovely heart.

Kara

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

SYMPOSIO, thank you so much for the Humane Award. I will post it here soon.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

BARB, it feels good to share the blessings. our loss didn't signal the end of the world. i'm glad you like the post.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

JEN, your diva daughter was so clever to think of this. your family is so blessed. sometimes it's so hard to think of the positive when you are surrounded by negativity. the positive day gave us all opportunity to count again our blessings and be happy about them. what a timely reminder.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

MIKE i am equally honored and blessed to have found a friend like you here in the blogging world.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

thank you DIANNE for appreciating the post.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

SANDEE you always make me laugh with your brilliant posts. thanks for the daily dose of laughter.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

that is so true RONNICA.. every season has its end. no pain lasts forever.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

THOM i am so glad you found my main blog. the other one is a playground where i unwind. thanks for appreciating this post.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

JANET you have been a source of inspiration. you loving posts have touched so many of us. i am so glad to have met you here.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

KAT you are the biggest blessing to me from the blogging world. you know how much our friendship means to me. and you never got tired of encouraging me. i hope i can write again for the angels weekly. i know how much effort you put into our online magazine.

don't worry girl, i'm definitely keeping my sunshine.. his light has not stopped shining and it shines oh-so-brightly.

thank you so much for the gift of friendship.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

TRAVIS, if we only open our eyes, we will see that our blessings far outweigh the struggles. the only way to cope is by counting those blessings.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

hi DEBRA, thanks for leaving this nice comment. i really appreciate it.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

SUSAN a comment from you always brightens up my day. i love your poems. thank you for offering me your friendship when i was just starting here.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

BINGKEE i would love to see you next time you're in town. finally i'm going to personally meet a fellow blogger. thanks for your encouragement when i was just starting.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

ANGEL too many times i have had messages for you. i hope that the tools (for coping) that i shared with you have somehow helped.

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

thank you PRODIGAL SON 35 =)

Bing Yap August 8, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

KARA you are an inspiration yourself. thanks for your friendship and your advices. i miss you already.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter