If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

01 April 2009

A Special Gift From Someone Very Special

"To give a gift is a gift within itself."
The Generosity Award

from
Kat of Candles Crafts and Whatnot
and Soy Wax Candles Blog

True to her word, I received a package from Kat today. It was sent by air mail- from the US to the Philippines.

When Kat and I started communicating outside the blogosphere, that's when I found out that her sweetness and thoughtfulness go beyond words. This friend has no idea at all how much her encouragement meant to me. On those times when I doubted myself, she rooted for me and made me believe in my writing skills again. She threw in ideas when I felt that I ran out of things to write about.

We laughed together at our silliness and felt bad for each other's sorry state. We exchanged pictures of our families and loved ones. She cheered me up with all those photos of Edward Cullen which have found their way to my Facebook photo album. :D

The friendship goes beyond the silly and mundane stuff though. I found a kindred spirit here... perhaps my sister in a past life.

So when I saw what were inside the package, my heart melted.






She sent me a lovely handmade RED (our favorite color!) Polymer Clay covered pen (with a short description and instruction for refilling). What made it more special is the fact that she did it herself! Awwwwww the sweet message in her card moved me to tears.

Sweet Kat, thank you so much for being a wonderful friend! I am truly grateful!

To give back the love that Kat gave me, I am giving out ALL THESE AWARDS, together with the Generosity Award--


The "Life Is Grand" Award
from Kat


The Passionate Blogger Award
from Kat



I Heart Your Blog Award
from Bingkee of I Love/Hate America
whose chronicles of her life in the US
(especially her love story with her handsome prince charming)
and her nostalgic account of her life in
our beloved Davao City never fail to entertain/amuse me




The Sisterhood Award
from Candlemamma of Candlemamma's Candles
who makes fabulous highly fragranced candles


TO the following friends whose great blogs and the comments they leave here continue to inspire and empower me:


The Generosity Award Rules are:
1) Show generosity towards others in the blogging community by giving a small gift of appreciation. This can be free advertising, a card in the mail, or anything else your imagination takes you.
2) Send this award to at least five others. If you wish to send the award to more then that, feel free to. Generosity has no limits.
3) Link back to the person who sent you this award.
4) Copy the rules as well as the award into your post.
5) Enjoy yourself and have fun!



Kat, the I HEART YOUR BLOG and SISTERHOOD AWARDS are also for you.

Since I'm not crafty like Kat and I hardly have time to run to the bookstore for a card, please allow me to put your badges on my sidebar for a month by way of free advertisement.

Some of you may already have these awards but I still want you to accept them as a token of my appreciation for your friendship. Please don't feel any pressure at all to post them. They are my "gift" to all of you.


Blessings to all,


Stumble Upon Toolbar

30 POINTS OF VIEW:

Mariuca April 1, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

Hi Bing, what a lovely award, it is so meaningful and I feel truly special to have u pick me as one of your recipients! :):):)

Mariuca April 1, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

And that was really sweet of Kat to send u such a lovely gift! I can imagine how moving her words must be in the card, hugs for u Bing and congrats on receiving all these amazing awards! :):):)

Bing Yap April 1, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

Marzie, you have all the awards I gave out here. Thank you for dropping by to claim them. :)

Yes, Kat's gesture really moved me. She is such a sweet angel. :):):)

Sandee April 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

I love them all. I'll get a post up sometime today. Thank you so very much honey. A big congratulations on getting all these great awards too.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

Bing Yap April 1, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

SANDEE, i'm so glad you love all your awards. congratulations! :) thanks a lot for always brightening up my day with your humor.

Angelika April 2, 2009 at 1:25 AM  

Thanks so much for the awards!

Are you sure this isn't an April Fool's joke? ;-)

Unknown April 2, 2009 at 1:30 AM  

Oh yeah, thank you SO MUCH for the month of free advertising too! :-)

Bing Yap April 2, 2009 at 1:39 AM  

hi ANGELIKA, this is definitely for real and you deserve all these awards. CONGRATULATIONS!

as for the free ad, you've always had it on my right sidebar- the updates. hehehe. this time though, your button is featured on the left sidebar. i'm glad you like it.

KAT April 2, 2009 at 1:40 AM  

Bing,

I am moved beyond words!! Thank you!!

I will write more when I get home from work.....

Bing Yap April 2, 2009 at 2:05 AM  

KAT, i just can't thank you enough for your thoughtfulness. thank you thank you thank you!!!

Sandee April 2, 2009 at 4:53 AM  

Post is up honey. Again thanks for the wonderful awards.

Awards, Awards and More Awards

Have a terrific day. :)

Bing Yap April 2, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

SANDEE, that was so nice of you. thank you for posting it and again, congratulations!

Unknown April 2, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

Hello....thank you so very much for your kind gesture in choosing mt blog for this award.

So many fantastic blogs to choose from makes me feel even more appreciated. I want to also thank you for that feeling.

Have a very good day!
Huggz~D~

bingkee April 2, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

you're fortunate to have great friends. That gift is lovely.

Bing Yap April 2, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

DOROTHY, you have a beautiful blog and i always enjoy reading your posts. thank you for empowering so many women and for reminding us of the basic things that should really matter most.

like all the rest, you deserve these awards. CONGRATULATIONS!

Angela April 2, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

You are so wonderful:) Thank you!

Bing Yap April 2, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

BINGKEE, i was really moved to tears when i read Kat's message on the card. it was indeed so touching to see this beautifully handcrafted RED pen.

i feel so blessed to have friends like you. i never thought it was possible to find this kind of friendship in a seemingly impersonal world (the blogosphere).

CONGRATULATIONS on your awards!

Bing Yap April 2, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

hi ANGEL, thank you for claiming your awards. CONGRATULATIONS!

Mary April 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

Ate Bing, you're lucky to have such great friends. You deserve them, too! ^^

Janet Gardner April 3, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Hi Bing,
Sorry I am late in posting this to you. Thank you sooo much for these awards. I love them and appreciate your friendship and recognition of my blog.
Take Care,
Janet :)

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic April 4, 2009 at 2:56 AM  

Bing! You are such a lovely soul!!! I am thrilled to have gotten to know you through this funny little machine that sits in front of me, lol!

You are such an inspiration to so very, very many.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this award.

Blessings,
Kara

Bing Yap April 4, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

FLO, i do feel so blessed to have found friends like you here.Thank you. God bless!

Bing Yap April 4, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

JANET, your blog is an inspiration to many. you deserve all these awards. thank you for dropping by to claim them.

Bing Yap April 4, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

hi KARA, you have helped and inspired me in so many ways. thank you for being there when i needed your advice. you are a real angel to me as well as to many others. that's why you deserve all these awards. Congratulations!

Suedonim16 April 5, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

Ms. Bing, thank you for the award and for your reply to my email. I only got to read it last night. It was heartwarming. =)
God bless you!

Gina Alfani April 5, 2009 at 2:55 AM  

Thank you so much Bing . . . your friendship and moral support are so special to me . . . there aren't too many friends who can truly relate to the emotional ups and downs I go through, but you can and it means so much to me.

I've been working on a special section for the beautiful awards I have been given and I will proudly display these along with them.

Big hugs to you Bing, you have so touched me with the beautiful gift of your friendship and these awards.

Gina :-)

Kristin April 6, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

I agree with you.. Kat is really something special...She made you a beautiful pen! I am sure you will cherish it like you do the friendship you have with her.. (hmm..I hope that made sense!!)
Take Care,
Kristin

Bing Yap April 6, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

SUE, i'm so glad you got the email i sent you. i am looking forward to hearing from you again. i hope you are feeling much better now. please take care always.

Bing Yap April 6, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

GINA, i do love your blog and you inspire me as well with your beautiful thoughts. most of what i read there are things i myself went through and continue to experience. just hang in there. life is beautiful.:) :) :)

CONGRATULATIONS on your awards.

Bing Yap April 6, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

KRISTIN, Kat's friendship is a gift in itself which I hold dearly in my heart. Rest assured that the special pen she made for me will be cherished the way I cherish our bond. I am truly blessed!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter