If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

27 February 2009

Finding Love's Path



Think not that you can direct

the course of love,

for love, if it finds you worthy,

directs your course.



Love has no other desire

but to fulfill itself.



But if you love and must

needs have desires,

let these be your desires :



To melt and be like a running brook

that sings its melody

to the night



To know the pain

of too much tenderness



To be wounded by your own

understanding of love

And to bleed willingly

and joyfully



To wake at dawn with a winged heart

and give thanks for another day

of loving



To rest at the noon hour

and meditate love's ecstasy



To return home at eventide

with gratitude



And then to sleep

with a prayer for the beloved

in your heart

and a song of praise

upon your lips


From The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran




Blessings to all,


Stumble Upon Toolbar

23 POINTS OF VIEW:

SUSAN SONNEN February 28, 2009 at 5:16 AM  

This is one of my favorites.

Bing Yap February 28, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

Hi Susan. It's lovely, isn't it?

Angela February 28, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

I love this! Thanks for sharing it:)

Janet Gardner March 1, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

Hi Bing,
This is beautiful, thanks for sharing,
Janet :)

KAT March 1, 2009 at 2:03 AM  

That was so touching! Thank you for sharing it.

Also, I wanted you to know that I finally posted my award....lol
I know, if I keep slacking off, no more awards for me~!!! :)

Thank you again, for all you do!

Jackie March 1, 2009 at 4:07 AM  

Oh my Bing this is wonderful. thanks so much for sharing it.

Ewwww..I wish I had taken that photo!!

I hope you are having a good weekend!
Jackie:-)

Bing Yap March 1, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

ANGEL, JANET AND KAT,

I am so glad that you all like it. I found my old books of Kahlil Gibran and started reading again.

I wish I can also write poetry.

Blessings to all of you!

Bing Yap March 1, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

JACKIE, these are beautiful words from a master poet. How I wish I can write poems myself.

I got this image from photobucket a long, long time ago and saved it. It is truly beautiful and I even posted it on my footer as well.

Have a blessed weekend, Jackie!

UmmeAiman Iqbal March 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

It is beautiful and wonderful and brought tears to my eyes... glad you thought of sharing it.

Bing Yap March 2, 2009 at 12:45 AM  

Umme, I'm so glad you like it.

Angie R March 2, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Beautiful pic plus heartbreakingly beautiful poem. That's the beauty of living and loving. Thanks for sharing.

Angie R March 2, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Hi Bing, you've been tagged! It's a very easy photo meme tag. I hope you'll join in the fun! :-) Angie

Suedonim16 March 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

Wow, what an outstanding poetry from a great poet. It paints a beautiful picture of love. thanks for posting it, Ms. Bing. =)

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

that photo is just amazing. just makes you feel good about God's beautiful creations.

jhony etherington March 3, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

thanks for sharing the kahlil gibran's poet..so touching for me. sometime a man could be a romantic lover right..lol
keep blogging..bing

Bing Yap March 3, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

Hi Angie, thank you so much for dropping by and for tagging me. Much as I want to join the fun, I lost all photos/photo albums when my laptop crashed last January. :(

Thank you for the lovely comment.

Blessings to you!

Bing Yap March 3, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

Sue, it's so nice to see you again here. I really hope you are doing okay.

Much Love!

Bing Yap March 3, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

GEGE, I also love this photo and reserved it for this special post. Thank you for dropping by.

Bing Yap March 3, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

JHONY, I'm glad you like the poem. Khalil Gibran is indeed a great poet.

Unknown March 4, 2009 at 12:06 AM  

Absolutely divine and so inspiring.

Love is so simple if people would just accept it for what it is and not expect from it.

Love should come as natural as the sun an rain.

So nice!
Thank you for such a warm thought!
DorothyL

Gina Alfani March 4, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

Beautiful words . . . thank you for sharing :)

Bing Yap March 30, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

DOROTHY, love is the most wonderful gift God has given us.

Bing Yap March 30, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

GINA, these are beautiful words from a man of great wisdom.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter