This has long been overdue. I was tagged by UmmeAaiman of The Mum Who'll Remain A Maverick last November 2008 (she in turn got tagged by Suedonim16 of A Pilgrim's Journey) but I never really got the chance to comply until now.
Since this blog is dedicated to James, let me instead write 8 Random Things About Us (not just about me):
1. For many years, my birthplace (Bacolod City) was like a "missing link" in my life. So when we went to Boracay for that much needed break, James surprised me by secretly booking a flight to Bacolod for a 2-day stopover.
2. We loved to watch people. We spent a lot of idle moments in coffee shops and restaurants just watching people and making up stories about them. We would always end up giggling together as our made-up stories became more ridiculous and outrageous.
3. On those occasions when we found ourselves at opposite corners of the room (during parties or events), our eyes would meet and we would know right away where to meet or proceed- at the Smoking Area. We were smoking buddies.
4. In our 11 years together as husband and wife, I can't remember an evening when I didn't sleep in his arms, except of course on those rare times when one of us was out of town. Even on those nights when we were fighting, we would surprisingly wake up in each other's arms in the morning.
5. All of my friends and family were against James when we first went steady at 15 and 17. We were 26 and 28 when we tied the knot but it took my Dad 1 more year to accept the fact that I married this guy.
6. He collected crystal bells while I accumulated miniature pigs over the years (dating back to 1983). He finally bought me a "pigpen" (a stylish display cabinet) where our collections are now displayed side by side.
7. We both loved the nightlife and enjoyed the limelight as a couple. We were party animals back then. For years, disco was our world. We were simply inseparable.
8. When he was gone, I started sleeping on his side of the bed (a wise tip I got from the TV interview of a widow). It was my side that was empty every time I woke up in the morning and that somehow helped.
Now here are the RULES for this tag:
1. Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blogpost, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.
Let the fun begin. Tell me more about yourselves so I could get to know you better...
1. Rosilie of ROSILIE: My Blog
2. Kara of The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic
3. Kat of Candles, Crafts and Whatnot and Soy Wax Candles Blog
4. Laane of Laane on the World
5. Bingkee of I Love/Hate America
6. PhilJ of Sex and the Sickies and The Sofa of Doom
7. Alison of Three Times Kewl
8. Reigners of THE Andrea
I hope you will all enjoy doing this as much as I did.
Distraught Sister Moon
7 hours ago