If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

11 January 2009

8 Random Things About James and Me


This has long been overdue. I was tagged by UmmeAaiman of The Mum Who'll Remain A Maverick last November 2008 (she in turn got tagged by Suedonim16 of A Pilgrim's Journey) but I never really got the chance to comply until now.

Since this blog is dedicated to James, let me instead write 8 Random Things About Us (not just about me):

1. For many years, my birthplace (Bacolod City) was like a "missing link" in my life. So when we went to Boracay for that much needed break, James surprised me by secretly booking a flight to Bacolod for a 2-day stopover.

2. We loved to watch people. We spent a lot of idle moments in coffee shops and restaurants just watching people and making up stories about them. We would always end up giggling together as our made-up stories became more ridiculous and outrageous.

3. On those occasions when we found ourselves at opposite corners of the room (during parties or events), our eyes would meet and we would know right away where to meet or proceed- at the Smoking Area. We were smoking buddies.

4. In our 11 years together as husband and wife, I can't remember an evening when I didn't sleep in his arms, except of course on those rare times when one of us was out of town. Even on those nights when we were fighting, we would surprisingly wake up in each other's arms in the morning.

5. All of my friends and family were against James when we first went steady at 15 and 17. We were 26 and 28 when we tied the knot but it took my Dad 1 more year to accept the fact that I married this guy.

6. He collected crystal bells while I accumulated miniature pigs over the years (dating back to 1983). He finally bought me a "pigpen" (a stylish display cabinet) where our collections are now displayed side by side.

7. We both loved the nightlife and enjoyed the limelight as a couple. We were party animals back then. For years, disco was our world. We were simply inseparable.

8. When he was gone, I started sleeping on his side of the bed (a wise tip I got from the TV interview of a widow). It was my side that was empty every time I woke up in the morning and that somehow helped.




Now here are the RULES for this tag:

1. Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blogpost, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.

Let the fun begin. Tell me more about yourselves so I could get to know you better...

1. Rosilie of ROSILIE: My Blog
2. Kara of The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic
3. Kat of Candles, Crafts and Whatnot and Soy Wax Candles Blog
4. Laane of Laane on the World
5. Bingkee of I Love/Hate America
6. PhilJ of Sex and the Sickies and The Sofa of Doom
7. Alison of Three Times Kewl
8. Reigners of THE Andrea

I hope you will all enjoy doing this as much as I did.




Bookmark and Share

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 POINTS OF VIEW:

Janet Gardner January 12, 2009 at 3:21 AM  

Hi,
Reading these things about the two of you makes my heartbreak and at the same time I can see you two were soulmates. Thanks for your comment on my blog. If you need help making a video for James, let me know I will help you. Thanks for sharing these things about the two of you.
Take Care,
Janet :)

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic January 12, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

Thanks so much for the tag. I enjoyed writing the 8 things. And, I really enjoyed reading about your relationship and the 8 things...

Blessings,
Kara

Bing Yap January 12, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

Dolly, it was really difficult to pick up the pieces when I lost James. It felt like I died with him. Now that I'm back on my feet again, I can quite clearly see how that short journey with James has transformed me into the person that I am now- stronger in faith and more compassionate. I'm not sure yet if I'm ready to make a video for James. I have tons of albums here and I have not opened them for a long, long time. On his 4th anniversary, I intend to remember him by offering a mass for him. Perhaps a simple get-together lunch or dinner also with a very few close friends who walked with us (and continue to do so) through this painful journey.

Kara, I had fun reading the 8 random things that you wrote about yourself. I also read some of your older posts and I was really impressed. I found a lot of reasons to go back to your blog. You are an angel.

Thanks so much to both of you for being so supportive.

Much love,

Bing;)

Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

Thanks for the tag dear....I had done this before ;
http://fliploveusa.typepad.com/a_filipino_immigrants_lov/2008/09/tag.html

I do appreciate the tag....I now know more a little about you.

Bing Yap January 15, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

You're welcome, Bingkee

Bing;)

KAT January 18, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

Thanks so much for the tag! I have posted my random things on my blog, go on over and have a laugh!! :)

I was truly touched by your 8 things, and only wish I had something so powerful to write about. You are very lucky.

Hugzzzzzz
Kat

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter