If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

06 December 2008

Jazmine's Poem About Life

Life is indeed one long journey for all of us. I remember I was 30 when I first started searching for the real meaning and purpose of my life. That was the beginning of my personal quest for wisdom and enlightenment.

All I wanted was to impart to my kids the life lessons I have learned so they won't have to go through it the hard way. I guess I have gone too far and must have opened their eyes to a reality that an ordinary child couldn't see.

Today, I read this poem that Jazmine wrote last night. These are questions that are so profound for adults to absorb... much more for a 12 year old girl...

Maybe we should never really underestimate our children.


WHY
[written by Jazmine]


Why can't life be easy to figure out
so I won't have to shout...
Why can't anything I wish for come true
so I won't have anything to rue...

Why is it so simple to die than to live
and live for what to give?
Is it our job
at the end to sob?

To regret everything...
or maybe at least something...
and cry at the end
for a path to bend.







Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 POINTS OF VIEW:

Janet Gardner December 8, 2008 at 6:41 AM  

Hi Pinklady,
Thanks for becoming my first follower, I really like your blog as well and I will follow you. Your daughter has talent, I remember I started writing poems around her age. It is a beautiful poem.
Talk to you soon,
Janet :)

Bing Yap December 8, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

Thank you for the nice words, Janet. Jazmine is so thrilled at seeing her poems published here in our site and I'm sure your comment will be a source of inspiration for her. God bless. ;)

Anonymous December 9, 2008 at 7:10 AM  

What a lovely poem. She must have an old soul.

Unknown December 9, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

Jazmine's poem reminds me of me at that age. God has a tremendous mission for her and He has already revealed part of it to her. He knows that she has the capacity to bare it. What a beautiful poem. I pray that you continue to encourage her to write. Encourage her to read Psalms that is where I get my affirmations and understanding about the ways of God.

Bing Yap December 9, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

Thank you Jen and Stormee. Now that you (Jen) mentioned it, I also agree that Jazmine must be an old soul. Her poems show it. Her poetry speaks of happiness and pain that a 12 year old kid has no way of discerning.

Thank you also for your suggestion, Stormee. I know Jazmine reads the Bible and I'm sure the Book of Psalms will be a good source of guidance for her.

In an earlier post here, you can read a very touching poem for her dad. I hope you'll find the time to go over it.

Bing;)

Anonymous December 10, 2008 at 12:57 AM  

Bing, thank you for your beautiful and encouraging comments in my blogs.

Jazmine is a blessing to you. And I'm sure you're a blessing to her as well.

I hope she keeps on writing poems.

God bless. You're a brave woman.

Bing Yap December 10, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

Thank you Gege...

I told Jazmine about your beautiful work and she said she might learn a thing or two from you. So expect us in your site every now and then from now on.

God bless :)

mystique December 10, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

Hello Pinklady!

Thanks a lot for dropping by my site and for leaving such sweet message.BTW, I just became your follower.

Your daughter writes really well. I think you have a budding young poet in your family. Stay sweet and be blessed always!

Mystique ^_^

Bing Yap December 11, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

Thanks Mystique. I did enjoy your site. Keep up the good work. Blogging is really an amazing outlet for all of us. Take care ;)

Anonymous December 11, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

hi, just dropping by, nice blog

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter