If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

11 April 2011

Turn Back The Clock (Johnny Hates Jazz)



If you were to live your life again,
what would you change?


Another day is ended
And I still can't sleep
Remembering my yesterdays
I begin to weep
If I could have it over
Live my life again
I wouldn't change a single day
(Chorus)
I wish that I could
turn back the clock
Bring the wheels of time to a stop
Back to the days when life
was so much better
Lying here in silence
Picture in my hand
Of a boy I still resemble
But I no longer understand
And as the tears run freely
How I realise they
were the best years of
my life
(Chorus)
You might say it's just
A case of giving up
No
But without these memories
where is the love
Where is the love
If I could have it over
Live my life again
I wouldn't change a single day
(Chorus)
Why can't I turn back the clock
Bring the wheels of time to a stop
Back to the days
Oh no no
I remember when
Life was so good
I'd go back if I could
Oh oh I wouldn't
change a single day
Don't let the memories slip away
I wouldn't change a single day
Don't let the memories slip away









Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 POINTS OF VIEW:

Sandee April 11, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

You and I are on the same wave length. Thinking about the same question(s). Way cool.

Have a terrific day Bing. Big hug. :)

Bing Yap April 11, 2011 at 4:37 PM  

and did you find an answer to that question? LOL! hi sandee, thanks for dropping by. take care, girl. :)

RA April 11, 2011 at 4:45 PM  

This is a very beautiful song. Thanks for sharing, dear.

I would love to know that by the end of day, I have been going through a life without any regrets. Still there would be a few moments I would like to change, if I would be given another chance.

Have a blessed week :)

Wenny April 11, 2011 at 6:30 PM  

I asked myself that same question many times before and I always told myself I'd relive my life a lot more differently. Just too many failures, disappointments and hurt that shouldn't have happened.

Anyway, we can't turn back time but only to move on and make a better tomorrow from the wisdom we learned from our mistakes of yesterday.

Bing Yap April 11, 2011 at 7:45 PM  

rosidah, i'm sure each one of us have a few small details we'd like to change, if only we could... each experience- good or bad- made us what we are now. thanks for dropping by. :)

Bing Yap April 11, 2011 at 7:47 PM  

wenny, what matters most is that we learned from each experience. yes, life is all about moving on. thanks for the visit. :)

Run DMT April 11, 2011 at 9:07 PM  

I'm not sure if I would change a thing. Ever experience defined the person I became. I do wish I could freeze time and enjoy each moment longer. Fun pick and topic! Have a great week!

Cakeblast April 12, 2011 at 12:16 AM  

I don't think I would go back; maybe if I could go back to when I was about 19yo I would go back and make the changes I made in my late 20s.. of course that would mean giving up what I have now.

Amanda Moore April 12, 2011 at 1:56 AM  

me too sometimes I wish we could go back.... sigh............... =)

Bing Yap April 12, 2011 at 5:49 AM  

run dmt, very well said. you are what you are now because of your experiences. thanks for stopping by.:)

Bing Yap April 12, 2011 at 5:50 AM  

cakeblast, to change anything in the past would be to change who you are now. :)

Bing Yap April 12, 2011 at 5:53 AM  

amanda, *sigh*... as run dmt said, it would be nice to go back to enjoy each moment longer. thanks for hosting musical monday. :)

Hyde Park Poetry Palace April 14, 2011 at 3:30 AM  

another fabulous piece.

Awards for you, thanks for the support!

Bing Yap April 15, 2011 at 7:41 AM  

thanks for the lovely awards, ji! :)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall April 17, 2011 at 9:57 AM  

wow, very fluent and lovely piece.
well done.

Happy MM.

Bing Yap April 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM  

thanks a lot, jingle! :)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter