If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

02 August 2010

Monday's Child ~ When I Grow Up...

when i grow up
i want to be a pilot, an engineer
a doctor or a lawyer ...
when i grow up
i want to see the lions of Africa
the panda bears of China 
and the kangaroos of Australia ...
when i grow up
i'll go around the world
and paint all the lovely falls,
canyons and geysers...
when i grow up
i'll marry the prettiest girl,
build a house
and have six kids...
when i grow up
i'll have the biggest farm
where i'll raise grass-fed cattle
and grow a rose garden...

so tell me
when do i grow up?

 © Bing (PinkLady) 2010


 Monday's Child, hosted by signed...bkm, 
is a place for all writers who are looking for a venue to post their children's poetry, verse and stories.
Please join us in writing for children ♥♥♥

Illustration by Jessie Wilcox Smith


Stumble Upon Toolbar

27 POINTS OF VIEW:

Anonymous August 2, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

I've always wondered this. Do we ever reach that goal. Sure we do. And when they are reached we set out and set new ones. :) Live is grand. :)

Wenny August 2, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

Actually, do we really grow up? No doubt, physically we have grown into adults, with responsibilities to our loved ones, are we truly grown up? There are so much mistakes made still and so much more learning to do.

joanna August 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

Lovely words about childhood dreams. we could not wait to grow up and be all and do all, now to keep that spark alive when we do grow up is the key.

Nicely done, a pleasure to read.
Joanny

Bing Yap August 2, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

thom, dreams don't ever end... they fuel up our lives. i'm so happy to see you again here. {{{hugsss}}} sorry, i've been so busy myself.

Bing Yap August 2, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

wenny i so agree with you- the same way that i am learning a lot from my mistakes right now. and i thought i knew better. lol. thanks for the nice comment, girl.

Bing Yap August 2, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

joanny, how do we keep the spark alive- that is the biggest question. =) thanks ;)

Kristin August 2, 2010 at 11:55 PM  

What a wonderful poem!!! I love the style and spirit of your words and they match so perfectly with that beautiful picture (one of my favorite artists!). Thank you, Kristin xo

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall August 3, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

Glad that you joined the crew,
lovely poem!
cheers!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall August 3, 2010 at 12:06 AM  

love the last question!

Sandee August 3, 2010 at 12:42 AM  

I can't answer that question Bing. I've not grown up yet either.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

signed...bkm August 3, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

Wonderful piece filled with wonder and delight...I am so glad you joined us and thank you for posting an invite to everyone....writing from a child's point of view I find returns us to that sense of wonder....blessings...bkm

I finished mine and posted...I usually wait to read others until I am done....bkm

Emmanuel Ibok August 3, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

Nicely written. I love the question you posed at the end. Nice!

Have a lovely August.

Amanda August 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

I loved this so...don't ever grow up...I think as long as we have dreams and goals....let the child in us always be there. I send you much love my dear friend x

Maude Lynn August 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

Never, if you're lucky!

Marvelous writing!

Bing Yap August 4, 2010 at 6:20 AM  

those are really kind words kristin. thanks for appreciating.

Bing Yap August 4, 2010 at 6:22 AM  

hi jingle... it's my pleasure to join the crew. i'm really enjoying this.

Bing Yap August 4, 2010 at 6:25 AM  

sandee maybe it's better for us to remain that way (a child) forever. i could use an uncomplicated life right now. =)

Bing Yap August 4, 2010 at 6:30 AM  

writing the post was such a pleasure, bkm. thanks for hosting this beautiful meme.

Sherry Blue Sky August 4, 2010 at 6:31 AM  

Bing, I love this poem. Then I read James' story and was so inspired by your strength in coming through such a painful time, staying such a loving mother to your children, and keeping your radiant smile. Wow, isnt it amazing that when terrible things happen, we find outy we are stronger than we know? Keep on keeping on and keep on writing. You are shining a light of hope in the darkness. I firmly believe, in the end, on this planet, the light will overcome the darkness. I have to believe that.

Bing Yap August 4, 2010 at 6:32 AM  

emmanuel, it's a question i also ask myself. do we ever grow up? i'm so glad you like my post. thanks friend. =)

Bing Yap August 4, 2010 at 6:36 AM  

amanda, dreams and goals keep us going. they also give us direction. as long as we continue dream, we know we are alive. thanks for the nice words my friend.

Bing Yap August 4, 2010 at 6:37 AM  

mama zen, thanks for appreciating. =)

Bing Yap August 4, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

sherry blue sky, thank you for reading james' story. i also don't know how i came out of that darkness alive but yes, i'd like to believe i am a better and stronger person now. best thing is that, i "became" a real mom to my 3 kids. in the end, some "bad" things turn out to be blessings in disguise.

i guess the key to this is a grateful heart. when everything was so dark, that was when my kids started to count our blessings. it helped us big time, sherry!

a million thanks for you kind words. much appreciated here! {{{hugsss}}}

Mandy August 5, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

so cute...i do have the 6 kids...lol...xxx

Bing Yap August 5, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

hi mandy... i am impressed! 6 kids, wow!!! that makes you one great mom!!!

Jingle August 6, 2010 at 2:20 AM  

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/08/05/roads-diverge-in-a-dark-wood-plus-happy-belated-birthday-wishes-2-heartspell/

Please help giving belated birthday wishes to heartspell, thanks!
:)

Bing Yap August 8, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

hi jingle, thanks for the birthday alert! headed to your site now and to heartspell's as well.

oh dear, i hope she wouldn't mind a belated birthday wish.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter