In 2009 hundreds of millions of people around the world showed their support by turning off their lights for one hour, Earth Hour. In 2010 Earth Hour will continue to be a global call to action to every individual, every business and every community. A call to stand up, to take responsibility and to get involved in working towards a sustainable future.
You can support Earth Hour by:
- Turning off your lights at 8.30PM on March 27
- Showing your support and adding yourself to Earth Hour's world map.
- Adding Earth Hour widgets, logos and banners to your blog or website to help spread the word. You could even be the Earth Hour Online Supporter of the Day.
- Talking about Earth Hour in your social network by updating your Facebook status, grabbing a Twibbon, tweeting about your support, and more.
- Get together with your friends and family, by hosting an Earth Hour party or holding your own candlelit affair.
- Rally your local council or community group to run an Earth Hour event for your community
- Encourage your employer and workmates to take part in Earth Hour and make energy savings every day.
- Make an Earth Hour Lantern as a symbol of hope for the future.
- Be creative! Find a new way to mark Earth Hour.
Let's all turn off our lights for one hour, Earth Hour, 8.30pm, Saturday 27th March 2010.