If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

07 September 2009

Mysterious Things and Music Monday (To Where You Are by Josh Groban)


"I have been here since the beginning,
and I shall be until the end of days;
for there is no ending to my existence.
The human soul is but a part of a burning torch
which God separated from Himself at Creation."
~Kahlil Gibran~


"I see dead people..."

This was a line made famous by the character of Haley Joel Osment (Cole Sear) in the movie "The Sixth Sense."

"I see dead people..."

This was also a line I first heard from B when she tried to explain to me her strange behavior as a child. But it didn't stop when she grew up. She said that through the years, she finally realized what this meant-- a "gift" bestowed upon a reluctant recipient. It is a gift that continues to scare the hell out of her to this day. In the past, we would see her break down for no apparent reason at all. She refused to tell us because we wouldn't believe her anyway.

They try to communicate with her. They try to get her attention. But she maintains one rule: she will never attempt to talk to any of them. I asked her why. She said that these beings couldn't keep a secret... once they sense who could see them, they tell the others right away. Hmmmm... I didn't know that gossip goes beyond the realm of the living. This is really
[mysterious15.3.red.jpg]

So how was she able to abide by her own rule, I asked. She said she never looked at them. You know, she could see but she wouldn't stare. Although trembling in fear, she would normally ignore the presence.

"Have you seen James?" This was a question I asked her after James went missing.

"No."

"Can you do me a favor?"

"No."

"But this is James, not just any lost soul out there."

"No... I will not break my rule... not even for James. Besides, I have not really seen him so there could be a possibility that he is still alive. Please don't get me wrong. I do love him like a brother." That was me beaten. End of discussion.

A few months after that dialogue, I got a call from B one morning. She was crying.

"Bing, Jimmy is gone."

I was dumbfounded. I was speechless. Somehow I knew what she was about to tell me.

"He came to me last night as I was sleeping. Our room was dark but there was suddenly a bright light. I thought my husband woke up and turned on the light. I sat up and there he was at the foot of our bed... just smiling at me. That scared me to death so I hid under the sheets. I was trembling and crying as I begged him to leave. I promised him I will tell you. Then he was gone."

He did not say a word. He just smiled at her.

By the time she finished telling me what happened, we were both crying and sobbing on the phone.

All I could muster to say then was "thank you, B."

She went on to assure me that this was the first time she saw a bright light accompanying a "spirit." Whatever that meant, I guess it was supposed to make me feel better.

[mysterious15.3.red.jpg]


TO WHERE YOU ARE
By: Josh Groban



Who can say for certain
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memory's so clear

Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
Can it be (?)
That you are mine
Forever love
And you are watching over me from up above

Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile to know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream
And isn't faith believing
All power can't be seen

As my heart holds you
Just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me everyday
'Cause you are my
Forever love
Watching me from up above

And I believe
That angels breathe
And that love will live on and never leave

Fly me up
To where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile
To know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

I know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are



Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 POINTS OF VIEW:

Sandee September 7, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

Wow. I love the song too. I hope it helps those that need to grieve and heal.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hug. :)

Anonymous September 8, 2009 at 3:19 AM  

What a story my friend. Full of Hope, Sadness, Love and Fear all at the same time. I'm thinking this must help you still to this day to be able to communicate all of this. I'm glad for you. Great song and have a wonderful week :) Aloha

KAT September 8, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

omg! The goosebumps are raised so high on my arms right now, and the hairs on the back of my neck are risen too!!

This is a good thing for you right? You have some closure. Maybe not the kind you wanted, but some........

BIG HUGS for you honey!!!!
And the song choice is perfect. How did you ever find it??

I wish I was there with you, just know that I am thinking of you right now!!!

Take care,
Love you bunches!
Kat :)

Jackie September 9, 2009 at 6:36 AM  

Thank you Bing so very very much for simply being you!!

I am trying very hard to focus right now. But, we are all in a sort of foggy state of existence right now.

Juanita was denied permission to go home because they could not get hospice out to her area.

But, now, and I am only telling you this now. I will not post about it...but, Bing....they introduced her to a new antibiotic and her body is responding.

The DR.'S are all still being very cautious about offering us any hope. but, they also said she would not live through yesterday and she has!!

We have plans to go to Houston early Thursday morning to visit.

We all still hold our breath and cringe every time the phone rings. We are trying so hard not to get our hopes up.

But, Bing.....her body at this point is responding.

We are almost fearful to go visit. She has been asking about us.

After today we will be the only close ones that have not gone down yet.

We fear that she is only waiting to make sure she has said all of her good-byes and then she will let go.

I know to let go would be so much better for her. She is enduring a great deal of pain.

But, Bing...it is so very very hard to let go also!!

I apologize for running on like this. But, I know if anyone can understand what Walter and me are feeling right now it is you!!

We are praying for a miracle and at the same time praying that she will be released from the pain and torture of this 3 year long battle!!

Thank you so much for your kind words of support and I know you are still remembering us in your prayers!!

You are very special like that!!

Wow I see am top commenter for August!! Thank you for the link love!!

I am rambling and I am going to shut up and get out of here!!

I love your Mysterious Monday and thank you so much for the post and the song!!

Love to you always Bing!!
Jackie

Jackie September 9, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

I would love the code to your Angels E-zine button though!

If you wouldn't mind emailing me the code, my email is sunshinezdelight@yahoo.com

I would love to add it to my sidebar!!

God bless you Bing! You are a most caring and beautiful soul!!

Bing Yap September 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

SANDEE i couldn't stop crying almost every time I listened to this song after we lost James. the lyrics spoke to me. yes, it helps those people who continue to grieve. it's actually a song of hope, love and HEALING. =)

Bing Yap September 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

THOM i can easily write about these things now because the wound has healed. but i do feel the need to share it with everyone just to show that there is hope... that there is light at the end of the tunnel... that life is not just about pain but also of rising above one's affliction or adversity.

Bing Yap September 9, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

KAT it truly was eery but it happened and yes, it somehow gave all of us some sort of closure at that time. as far as that painful journey is concerned, you personally know how far i have gone. thanks for the hugs, my dearest friend. i hope things are also going great there.

Bing Yap September 9, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

JACKIE i know how hard it is to let go and i understand the pain you (and your family) must be going through right now. this is the time when you just have to "Let Go and Let God..."

the fact that she is responding to new medication is really uplifting. this will give her a longer time to be with her beloved family but... there is really no guarantee, is there?

there is something i have learned about cancer and i tell this to everyone i know who is dealing with the disease in the family.

cancer is a blessing, JACKIE. it truly is. it gives the person who has it and the family the chance to deal with and accept what is inevitable. it prepares the dying person to accept death and it also helps the family cope with and accept what is about to happen. it gives each and everyone in the family the chance to say their "goodbye" and show how much they love the dying person. that is why it is a blessing. it prepares everyone. it teaches everyone to let go.

that is sad, i know. but we're all going there anyway. isn't it better to be able to say your final goodbye than losing someone with a lot of "what if's" and regrets?

hugs for you, dear friend!

blessings!

Bing Yap September 9, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Jackie, i forgot to thank you for being my top commenter. yes, i placed your button on my sidebar and linked back to your site to show my appreciation. i will email to you the code for The Angels Weekly's button. thanks in advance for posting it in your site. love you girl!

Jackie September 11, 2009 at 2:12 AM  

Just popping in to send you a hug!! We have storms moving in and then we are headed to visit Juanita tomorrow.

So I will be away tomorrow. I hope you have a great weekend!!
Hugs,
Jackie

Bing Yap September 11, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

Jackie it's so nice of you to drop by again. Be safe in your trip. God bless!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter