If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

01 February 2009

The Marie Antoinette Award...


My very good friend, Kat of Candles Crafts and Whatnot, gave me The Marie Antoinette Award. Check out the new Twilight jewelries at her site. But aside from her beautiful crafts, what keeps me enthralled is her sense of humor. Try reading what she has to say about this award here and I'm sure you will roll in laughter the way I did. Don't forget to check out her other blog, Soy Wax Candles Blog.

I feel so honored because Marie Antoinette is the perfect epitome of a real fun, fearless woman during her time... a woman who knew what she wanted and went for it, never mind if it was an unpopular decision... a Queen, a mother and a wife who stood by her man (the King) until the end... a woman whose last words were "Pardon me Sir, I meant not to do it" to a man whose foot she inadvertently stepped on before she was executed on guillotine. [All of these I learned from a quick research at Wikipedia :D]

This is the kind of woman I should aspire to be. But then, I am no Queen and I have no King, or even if I did have one, I don't think I would be willing and ready to give up my neck for him. Lol!

Yes, Kat, she lost her head but the guillotine is now behind the times so I guess we get to keep our own heads on our shoulders. Lucky you, I don't have a sweet tooth so I won't take a bite of that chocolate cake of yours. And like you, no way am I going to be caught in that garb.

Without much ado, here are the rules for this award:

1. Please put the logo on your blog.
2. Place a link to the person from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate at least 7 or more blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message on their blogs to tell them.


For being fun and fearless, I believe that you too deserve the Marie Antoinette Award:


Andrea of THE Andrea




You all deserve to live like a Queen... Congratulations!!!


Blessings to all,

Stumble Upon Toolbar

19 POINTS OF VIEW:

KAT February 1, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

Thank you for your kind words, and links....

And thanks for doing the research on Marie....LOL sheesh, ya think I would've thought of that, but noooo! I just take a guess and hope I'm right.

And you can share my cake, or my cookies, or my pie, or anything you want anytime!! I am not a stingy person. If I get my cake, I will eat it, but I will also share!

Take care,
Hugzzzzz,
Kat

KAT February 1, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

Bing,

I left you a message over at Blog Catalog...

Kat

Suedonim16 February 1, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

Thank you for the award Ms. Bing! =)

Lynda Lehmann February 2, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

I just want to say that I'm so sorry you lost your husband and had to deal with this terrible loss to you and your children.

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

Oh, how thoughtful of you....another award for me....salamat kaayo Bing.
God bless you much dear....take care always.

Janet Gardner February 2, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

Hi Bing,
Congradulations on this award, well deserved. I learned alot about her thanks for doing the research. Thank you for wanting to give me this award. Your so thoughtful and kind. I would have passed it onto you as well.
Take Care,
Janet :)

Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 3:38 AM  

Congrats on the award I am a fan of the blog.

mystique February 3, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Congratz Bing! You absolutely deserve the award and thanks a lot for passing it on to me. Appreciate it sooo much!

Way to go fearless woman in pink! ^_^

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

Sue, you deserve this award. I am so glad that you are back writing again. I'm sure your other avid followers also missed you.

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

Lynda, thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. Rest assured that my children and I are doing okay now. It was a terrible journey but we all courageously faced it together. I believe that this experience has made us much stronger and better persons.

Blessings!

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

Bingkee and Mystique, you two and the other recipients deserve this award. It is actually my pleasure to pass it on to you.

Janet, I would really have passed it on to you but found your name in Kat's list of awardees. You truly deserve this award.

Much Love to all of you!

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 12:10 AM  

LoveTarotBeliever, thank you so much for taking the time to check out my blog. I really appreciate it. I hope you'll enjoy reading the other posts as well.

Bing (",)

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

Kat, I love this award!!! After reading about Marie Antoinette's life, I immediately fell in love with her. That's why I feel so honored to receive this award. Thank you so much!

I got your message at Blog Catalog.. Thanks again.

Much Love,

Bing (",)

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic February 4, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

Oh Bing, I am so honored that you would think of me for this award! You are such a dear and seem to always know how to make my day.

Kara

Mariuca February 4, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

Hi Bing! I am late but I am here! I'm so thrilled you included me on your list, that is so sweet of you! I love this award, thanks so much for thinking of me with this one. Love and hugs! :):):)

Bing Yap February 4, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

KARA and MARIUCA, it's always a delight to visit your blogs. I'm glad you like this award. Congratulations to the two of you.

Bing (",)

reign February 6, 2009 at 2:18 AM  

Wow, I'm truly honored. Thank you so much!

I'm just baffled that people read my blog, let alone like it!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! :D

reign February 6, 2009 at 2:20 AM  

ooops... btw, reign = andrea of theandrea.com p

Bing Yap February 6, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Hello Reign.. I've always wondered which name to use- Reigners or Andrea. LOL! Believe me, you are one of the fun and fearless women I have seen in the blogosphere. You truly deserve this award.

I also want you to know that I really appreciate your regular drops at my site.

Bing (",)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter