If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

18 January 2009

It's Raining Awards Again




Ever since Kat and I stumbled on each other's blogs, you can say it was "love-at-first-sight." Blame it on the Twilight craze. Since then, we have kept in touch through our blogs and her comments never failed to inspire me.

Kat of Candles, Crafts and Whatnot is a brilliant woman with a remarkable talent. You should see her Twilight pieces which made their way to Ebay. She has other handmade jewelries for sale in her Artfire Store. Check them out and you will agree with me how talented she really is.

After the Blog Love Award, she has given me two awards again of which I am so grateful.

The first one is the Van Gogh's Ear Award which was created by Roger DMan of Idaho Photo. Here's what the creator has to say about the award:

A TOP AWARD FOR YOU
Every year I like to make an award and hand it out to people that make a difference in
the blogosphere. I like to make it an award for all to enjoy and pass out if one so wants to. I just ask if you're going to give it out to link back to me as the creator of the Van Gogh's Ear Award.

INSPIRATION OF THE VAN GOGH'S EAR AWARD

You may know the story of Vincent Van Gogh, a well known artist in history. Although a brilliant painter in his later years went quite insane he received the nickname of
fou roux (the redheaded madman). The most bizarre of Vincent's behavior is when he cut off the lower part of his own left ear lobe, which he wrapped in newspaper and gave to a prostitute named Rachel in the local brothel, asking her to keep this object carefully. After this he suffered recurrent bouts of mental illness, which led to his suicide July 29, 1890. He was 37 years old. His works of art are priceless.

THE POINT OF THIS AWARD

We are all artists in our own way be it art, photography, writing, philosophy, comedy,
blogging and we all go a little crazy sometimes. But if you ever feel so crazy to cut off your ear and give it to a prostitute, "Seek Help!' Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Wow, that was a lengthy explanation of the award. But then the creator deserves the credit and the space here.


The second award I got from Kat is the self-explanatory "Your Blog Is Fabulous!" Award. It is so beautiful, Kat. Thank you for passing it on to me.

It must really be raining awards because Bingkee of I Love/Hate America gave me the Inspiring Blogger Award. Bingkee's blog is a no-holds-barred revelation of her love-hate relationship with all things American. The blog also features outstanding products and services. You should check it out yourself.

The latest award is from Kara of The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic who gave me the Friendship Award today. I feel so honored to be considered as one of her friends. She is a gifted psychic and I look forward to connecting with her someday. Her posts on letting go (de-cluttering, etc.) and her work as a psychic have left a mark in me. You'll find out that there is always something new to learn about one's spirituality.

The rules for the Friendship Award are simple:

*Copy the badge and put it on your blog.
*Link back to the one who passed this tag to you.
*Spread this tag to at least 4 bloggers or more who you think you are friends with.


Now to pass on these awards...


For all the moral support and the encouragement you have given me, you deserve the four above-mentioned awards:

1. UmmeAaiman of The Mum Who'll Remain A Maverick

2. Janet of Dolly's Daily Diary

3. Kat of Candles, Crafts and Whatnot

4. Alison of Three Times Kewl

5. Kara of The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic

6. Tripti of Life is a Quest

7. Susan of Musings

8. Bingkee of I Love/Hate America


Kat, Bingkee and Kara, you can grab the awards that you still don't have but I do want you to get all of them.



Moreover, I want to give the Van Gogh's Ear and "Your Blog is Fabulous!" Awards to the following awesome sites that I discovered in Entrecard:

*party@christinaswwworld!
*The Rising Blogger
*imaginif
*Open Your Heart to the Love
*Work at Home Mom Revolution
*Hot in Singapore
*The Esoteric Journey





Much love,





Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 POINTS OF VIEW:

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic January 18, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Awwww, thanks so much Bing! I am honored.

Blessings to you this day.

KAT January 19, 2009 at 12:12 AM  

Congrats on your many awards! You and your blog deserve them!

And thanks so much for all your lovely comments about me and my blog, you have me all teary eyed over here! :)

It has been wonderful getting to know you and I love coming to your blog....it is a daily read for me!

Thanks again, so very much, and hugzzzz to you....

Kat

Anonymous January 19, 2009 at 12:57 AM  

Congrats to you---you deserve them because you inspire others to live a life of moving on forward and a life full of courage and hope. And your blog is really fab!
Thank you so much Bing for all of these awards...you're the 3rd person to hand me over the Inspiring Blogger award and I am very proud of my awards. Because I don't have the Van Gogh ear award, I think I would like to grab one too...LOLZ!
Oh by the way , the posts about products are "paid posts?--they're not really part of my blog , but I'm doing it for the bucks..heheheh
Thanks so much....hugz!!God bless you dear!

SUSAN SONNEN January 19, 2009 at 2:01 AM  

You deserve this rainfall of accolades, Bing! Your kindness and compassion outshine us all.

Thank you for gifting me with these awards. I am so honored. :)

Janet Gardner January 19, 2009 at 6:11 AM  

Hi Pinklady,
I want to thank you soooo much for these awards. Your blog has helped me more than you'll ever know with the grieving process. Congradulations on these awards they are well deserved.
I am so glad I have gotten to know you.
Take Care,
Janet :)

Tripti January 19, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

Dear Bing,

Thanks for being so generous , I am really honoured , believe me i never expected this.

Thanks so much .

Anonymous January 20, 2009 at 3:56 AM  

Wow! What a very pleasant surprise. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and for your understanding of my posts. It fills me with joy to know that my efforts have spoken to someone.

For you I wish a future full of joy - an enormous amount to over compensate for the loss and the destruction you have already had to endure.

James is around - just not in a physical sense.

Anonymous January 20, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Well thank you very much for this award. I feel flattered.

I appreciate your blog and I think you have deserved your awards too.

Happy Blogging

Angie R January 22, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

Hi Pinklady, thanks so much for your kind words and the lovely awards. I'm honoured to have received them. Now I'm showing them with pride on my site. Pls pop over to my site to have a look. *big hugs* :-) Angie

Bing Yap January 23, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

You all deserve these awards. It was my pleasure to pass them on to all of you. Consider it my way of appreciating your work and the friendship you have given me.

Blessings to all of you,

Bing;)

Anonymous January 23, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Wow! How lovely of you to honor The Rising Blogger! I appreciate it!

JHS
The Rising Blogger

Anonymous January 23, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

Thank you so very much Pinklady for the awards and kind words.

~Best Wishes~

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter