If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

08 September 2010

Proudly "My Home" (Sensational Haiku Wednesday)


This week's theme is:
Belong(-ing)
.......................................

i am truly home
in my room of 14 years
where my heart belongs

my work family
they greeted me with open
arms, such warm welcome!

no matter what you
do, wherever you may go,
home's where your heart is


11 months ago, I left my office of 14 years. I gave away the paintings that decorated my room and heaved a sigh of relief when i put all my case folders in a big box. I took one last look at the diploma and credentials on my wall before I carefully wrapped and put them away.

As I said, that was 11 months ago...

Now I am back in my old room and i brought in new paintings to decorate my wall. The framed credentials are also back. It feels like I never really left the place.



This is where I belong...


This is proudly my home!


Home sweet home!




Next Week's Theme: Food

Stumble Upon Toolbar

25 POINTS OF VIEW:

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? September 8, 2010 at 8:53 PM  

Wonderful! Congratulations on being back "home" :D Speaks volumes about your character that you were able to leave on such good terms that you would be welcome back almost a year later. I can imagine they were thrilled to have you back!

Great haiku, and congrats on a new chapter in your life!

Bing Yap September 8, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

it was a sweet homecoming, jenn... and i got back my old room! i am soooooooooooooo happy. :) this is my second family. when i wanted out, they let me go. they gave me room to grow. they knew i would be back. it was just a matter of time... and they were right! there's no place like home.

Jim September 8, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

You have decorated your 'home away from home' very nicely, P.L. I remember when I gave my 'home' away. I can't have it back. The new owner loves it too much.
:) for you, Bing.
..

Sherry Blue Sky September 8, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

Good for you, Bing. You took the time you needed and now you are back. Way to grow! I am glad for your happiness. You deserve it.

Sandee September 8, 2010 at 11:45 PM  

Home is indeed where ones heart is. I'm glad you are home.

Have a terrific day Bing. Big hug. :)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall September 8, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

beautiful Haikus...
love the changes in your working space.

Anonymous September 9, 2010 at 3:40 AM  

Brava!!!!! :) I'm very happy for you. And as you and I have discussed, sometimes you have to do things that take you away to remember where your home really is :) Makes you a better person all the way around. Congrats my friend. Beautiful Haikua :) Have a great day :)

Amanda Moore September 9, 2010 at 4:47 AM  

I am so glad you were able to return, you're right there is no place like home!

Ria September 9, 2010 at 4:48 AM  

Beautiful poemm (your's always are) I'm glad you got to go back home! I may complain about work some days, but although some other people there think I'm crazy, I love my job. If the things that piss me ever made me stop loving it, I'd quit in a heartbeat (been there 20 years so i guess they haven't made me that mad!)

Bing Yap September 9, 2010 at 6:22 AM  

jim, i had the same predicament. my room was so beautiful i was afraid i won't have it back. lol!

but as soon as i got back, i redecorated it, put in small paintings and my family's pics. it's homey (and girly) again. i felt that it also missed me. my firm partner was gracious enough to give way.

thanks for the smile and for appreciating the post. =)

Anonymous September 9, 2010 at 6:51 AM  

Congrats on your welcomed return :D have a good one and keep doing as you have done

Bing Yap September 9, 2010 at 6:57 AM  

sherry, i am their "prodigal daughter."

thanks for stopping by again. =)

Bing Yap September 9, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

sandee, i am truly home and it feels so good. a big hug for you!

Bing Yap September 9, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

jingle, change is good... i used to be scared of it. thanks for appreciating the post.

Bing Yap September 9, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

my dearest thom, your sweet words have always been encouraging and supportive. yes,this experience has made me become a stronger person. it has also shown me that there is such a thing as unconditional love in the workplace and i don't even mean the romantic type. i feel so blessed to be surrounded by immense, immeasurable love.

thank you so much for your friendship. it means a lot to me. {{{hugsss}}}

Bing Yap September 9, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

amanda, it is a homecoming like no other. thanks.

Bing Yap September 9, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

ria, i am impressed! 20 years and still counting... wow! that's why your job loves you back. thanks for stopping by. =)

Bing Yap September 9, 2010 at 7:49 AM  

shoeless, i intend to make it better. i have a priceless relationship with the people i work with. that's why i feel so blessed. thanks for dropping by. :)

Bill Cook September 9, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

Lovely celebration of finding and recognizing real home. Nice. - bill

Bing Yap September 9, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

bill, it is a blessing. thanks for appreciating the post. ;)

Chris G. September 9, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

Sentiments as old as time itself--and for a reason. Truer words were never spoken.

Nice Haikus!

Weezer September 9, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

How very very lucky you are that you have such a warm environment to spend so much of your days. Congratulations on getting back and appreciated for what they know you are. I don't have that with my old work place.
This is a beautiful haiku. I never expect anything less from you.
Weezer

Bing Yap September 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

chris, thanks for the heartwarming comment. =)

Bing Yap September 9, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

weezer, it is truly a blessing to find your own niche in this world. i needed space in order to fully appreciate that. sometimes, it's not just about the money... it's about one's happiness and the relationships that have been built. i have reached that point in my life where i won't put up just because i need to. i realized that i don't have to put up with anything. i went back because i left my heart here.

thank you so much for appreciating my post.

Christine September 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

Beautiful photos; looks like such a welcoming place. I enjoyed this glimpse into your life--wonderful sentiments in this poem! :-)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter