If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

17 April 2010

A Poem From My Old Journal

 

A PROMISE...

when the sun
stops shining
and the moon 
ceases to cast its light...

 when the stars
will no longer
brighten up
the skies...

and the mountains
will be stripped
of flowers and trees
and of springs and valleys...

when the eternity
we both promised
to each other
will start to falter...

you'll surely see
my love will
always remain
forever true...


~I wrote this poem on March 20, 1989. Oh, to be young and in love! When I read my old poetry journal again, I cringed at all those juvenile creations. I didn't know I was such an "emo" back then. LOL!~


THANK YOU, JINGLE, FOR THE POETRY AWARDS

The Most Productive Poet Award     


The Most Popular Poet Award
 
Let me take this opportunity to thank Jingle for these poetry awards for Poets Rally Week 14. I am truly overwhelmed and humbled by your generous appreciation of my work.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 POINTS OF VIEW:

Anonymous April 17, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

Congrats on the awards and boy you were as creative all those years ago as you are now. That was a wonderful poem :) Have a great weekend :)

Bing Yap April 18, 2010 at 6:24 AM  

THOM thank you and congrats for the same awards. :) you truly deserve them.

happy sunday!

Jingle April 18, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

wow, cool poem!

Jingle April 18, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/18/impressive-mathematics-problem-solving-skills-award/

more awards for you,
Happy Sunday!

Bing Yap April 18, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Jingle, i saw the new awards. thank you so much. i already posted them all in my awards gallery page here.

God bless!

Sandee April 20, 2010 at 1:45 AM  

Love the poem Bing. I've got a marriage that falls into this poem nicely.

Congratulations on the well deserved awards too.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

Bing Yap April 20, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

SANDEE i know that your hubby is your bestfriend. you are so blessed. stay happy. :) God bless you two!

BK April 20, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

Those were the age of frankness and spontaneous. Words just came out naturally and straight from the heart. I had made attempt to express myself through poems too.

Bing Yap April 20, 2010 at 8:21 PM  

BK he is gone forever but the words live... they are just words now.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter