If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

25 February 2010

Happiness From Within

"Happiness will never come
to those who fail to appreciate what they already have."



A good friend of mine sent me this text message yesterday:

"I never search my happiness in others... it will make me feel alone when they are not around. I search it in myself... then I will be happy even if I am alone."

Indeed, true happiness comes from within. Easier said than done, right?

If only people would stop whining about what they do NOT have and start counting what they have...

If only people would see the goodness in every person instead of looking at his/her flaws...

If only people made good of what they have right now instead of pining for a better deal which might never come anyway...

If only...

After all, happiness is a state of mind... it's a matter of choice. But why is it easier to choose misery? Why is it an effort to break into a smile?

If you find yourself unhappy and miserable, remember this: look at the people around you and you will see that you have attracted the same negativity in your life. It's true that misery loves company.

So next time you catch yourself feeling so negative about everything, try asking yourself where your discontentment is coming from... Is it something you can't live without? Is it going to kill you? Is it even worth wasting your time on?






Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 POINTS OF VIEW:

BK February 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

I certainly agree with what you put here. Reminds me of a quotation by Barbara de Angelis, "No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change."

Wenny February 26, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

I totally agree with you Bing and I couldn't agree more with BK.

HAPPINESS is our birth-right, that's why it is within our control. But before we can even rein control of happiness, one must clearly know what happiness is all about (at least to him or herself).

Not knowing the true meaning of happiness is like groping in the dark ... HAPPINESS becomes forever elusive eventhough it is right there under our noses.

Sandee February 26, 2010 at 12:06 AM  

So very true Bing. I've known this for a very long time. I'm very happy in my own skin and I'm thankful for all that I have.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

Anonymous February 26, 2010 at 1:38 AM  

I so believe in the power of positive thinking. Instead of the glass half empty look at it half full. It's all a matter of what you want and if you choose to look on the negative go for it. Your loss. There are such better things in life than that and you are missing out. Wallow in your negativity and have fun. For those of us that see the positive in most - We are enjoying life...come and join the party :) xoxoxo

Fatibony March 4, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

This is so True and I did Like to give your Friend a big Pat on the Back ...I hope we all feel the same happiness shld be from within .Awesome post and blog it's my 1st visit here , I found you via BK's Blog..

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter