If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

12 July 2009

In Pursuit of Happiness

"You are the person who has to decide.
Whether you'll do it or toss it aside;
you are the person who makes up your mind.
Whether you'll lead or will linger behind.
Whether you'll try for the goal that's afar.
Or just be contented to stay where you are."
~Edgar A. Guest~


Two years ago,
I made a choice...
I MOVED ON.
The climb was not easy
but at least I knew where I was headed.

That choice paid off...
Each little step led me to the light.
I found the warmth of the sun
embracing me again.
I was finally out of the abyss.

Now that I hear the wind whispering...
I show a little hesitation to heed
but the quest for truth
is too tempting to ignore.

But what is the truth anyway...
In my heart there is no doubt
that I can never go back.
I will not put my life on hold again
for another journey in the dark.

In time maybe... in time...
the truth will unfold on its own.
For now it does not matter anymore.
After all, I found closure in my heart
a long, long time ago
when I decided to bury the past and move on.


I have to remind myself over and over again that no "new development" can bring James back. I am not putting my life on hold again for another "breakthrough" that only serves to bring more questions and uncertainties. I had more than enough time to weigh my options these past few days when I got sick. It dawned on me that I made a choice two years ago. Nothing is going to change that now. I am definitely NOT going back. Enough is enough!

No dark cloud can ever hide my sun again.


a pocketful of sunshine to everyone!!!



Blessings to all,






Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 POINTS OF VIEW:

Marites July 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

I really like the picture..is that you between rocks? that's really cool shot! I also like your quote on Edgar A. Guest, quite applicable for me too.

Bing Yap July 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

hi MARITES, i got the photo from photobucket. i'm glad you like the quote. thanks for dropping by. have a blessed sunday! =)

Unknown July 13, 2009 at 12:57 AM  

Life is all about moving forward. Dry dirt will always fall off of a rock that continues to roll.

One vital key to happiness is having a short memory :)

Children have that and that is why we watch them in awe as they continue to move forward with so little efforts:)

Bing Yap July 13, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

DOROTHY, you are right. i can really use a short memory right now. i cannot allow myself to go back. i am done with that. thank you for the enlightenment.

blessings to you!

KAT July 13, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

You have made the right decision to move forward instead of looking back, and to not let anything block your sunshine....great choice!!

Like you said, nothing can bring James back, and the agony of not knowing can hold you prisoner for life if you let it.

You have so much to live for in the here and now, continue to do so, and to stay strong...always looking ahead.

Hugzzzzz to you my dear friend!

Take care,
Kat
Candles, Crafts and Whatnot

Bing Yap July 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

I got sick KAT.. that gave me time to reflect and made me realize that this whole thing has gotten into my system again. Almost a week down with flu, 2 days in bed-- that's it. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. It is not going to affect me again.

Welcome back, KAT! I really missed you.

Lots of hugs for you,

Bing

Sandee July 13, 2009 at 11:41 PM  

I so hope you can have some type of closure so you can freely move on. It's so difficult when you just don't know what happened. Just so difficult.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hug. :)

Janet Gardner July 15, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Hi Bing,
This is a truly inspirational post,
I have been doing that myself after
I heard a saying looking back will
not make your future happy! We are
only keeping happiness from ourselves when we dwell on the past, somehow though I think early on as a girl we learn that we are caretakers, we can deal with everything, and should as wives
and mothers protect them without
failing, yet life gets in the way.
Thanks for sharing,
Love ya,
Janet :)

Bing Yap July 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

METZ, thanks for dropping by again. =)

Bing Yap July 16, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

SANDEE, yes i must admit it is difficult. it's like a ghost that keeps on haunting me and despite the fact that i have long declared i'm already ok, it still manages to creep in and threatens to throw dark clouds over me.

Bing Yap July 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

JANET, tough ride, isn't it? the bumps along the way don't make it easier for any of us.. someday... maybe someday... it will be a smoother ride. we just have to keep on believing. after all, things always get better in the end.

bingkee July 17, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

Right, no one could ever take your joy but yourself. Remember, I m must have told you before, "All things work for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28). I can testify for this.

Bing Yap July 18, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

Amen BINGKEE =) thanks for the reminder

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter