If God brought you to it,
He will get you through it.

21 January 2009

Moving Thoughtfully Through Time


"We live by losing and leaving and letting go. And sooner or later, with more or less pain, we all must come to know that loss is indeed a lifelong human condition."
- Judith Viorst -

We are all familiar with loss- for loss is fundamental to life. Built into nature, it confronts us everyday. Blossoms fade. One season claims another even as the tide erodes the shore. Loss is part of that ebb and flow, part of the natural cycle of growth and decay.

I can't count the nights when I have been roused from a fitful sleep, my restless mind racing. "Why me? Why him? Why now? Why did I deserve this?" Losing James brought me face-to-face with my greatest fear.

It took quite sometime for me to accept the fact that every loss is a challenge to grow... yet growth requires change which is often painful.

Deciding to heal doesn't mean giving up on my dreams or the memories. It does mean deciding NOT to give up on myself and on my future (as well as that of my kids').

The first step may have been difficult. The destination may have been unclear. But that first step carried me forward on my journey of renewal.

Seasons can't be rushed. Neither can the process of healing one's heart. I found my way at my own pace.


Much love,





Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 POINTS OF VIEW:

Jill January 22, 2009 at 2:44 AM  

My heart goes out to you. I can only imagine how difficult this is. My mother died when I when young and I remember how painful that was for me.

UmmeAiman Iqbal January 22, 2009 at 4:14 AM  

Wow! Nice theme.... I've been so busy that I've not been able to stop by. Now I'm in India and with mom so I'm trying my level best to spend some good quality time with her...

BTW - healing takes its own time... you're so right..

Bing Yap January 22, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

Jill, I still get melancholic attacks from time to time.But it's easier for me to bounce back now.

UmmeAaiman, it's so nice to hear from you again. I hope you already claimed your awards. Yes, savor and enjoy every moment you can spend with your Mom. If you have nice photos of India, you might want to share it with me and your readers.

Thank you for your nice comments.

SUSAN SONNEN January 23, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

Change is the only constant, I believe. For good or bad, nothing stays the same. Sometimes, if we are lucky, we can work good from the bad as you have done.

I like your new template! ESPECIALLY the little floral borders. :)

Bing Yap January 23, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Susan, counting one's blessings in times of adversity makes all the difference.Through good and bad, one may choose to be happy.When seasons change, one may opt to grow or to stagnate. It's really all up to us.

These little floral borders are the reasons for the change of template. I'm glad you like my new layout. This one gave me more room for my scattered thoughts.

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a nice comment.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photobucket
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.


"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward to the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence." ~ Og Mandino


If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything.
CANDLE Pictures, Images and Photos
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-14
Photobucket
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP  

Site Meter